IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> GAYLAXICON Reports?
rick20625
Rick Pike - Public Relations Pirate
Group Icon

I would neverr join a group that would have me as a member...

Group: HF Productions Cast / Crew
Member No.: 3,134

post Oct 5 2007, 06:10 AM
Post #1

Have we had any news from our friends down at GAYLAXICON gay sci-fi convention in Atlanta? 

I understand that Jaytee's production company Blue Seraph has a booth, staffed with friends from HF/ODY  helping him to promote his short films http://www.tepnapafilms.com/about.html  and also to generate investors for his new big feature-length project (along with HF alumni Carlos Pedraza).  Check out that website (and if you click on the embedded clip of Bobby Rice/Evan Fowler making out, be prepared to steam up your screen)!  http://www.judaskissmovie.com/JudasKissMovie/Home.html

I also understand that a big screen, HD version of the Odyssey premiere episode will be shown on Fri or Saturday night to attendees.  That ought to get some attention!  I am guessing that the targeted demographic of Gaylaxicon will appreciate seeing how Rob has incorporated a gay character into Star Trek, and also I am positive that they will really enjoy the "ten minutes" scene.  If only they knew about "ridges" !!

Hopefully people will post some updates for us here on how it is going and how Jaytee and Odyssey was received.

-- Rick

Rick

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sffilk
Admiral
Group Icon

Harman Rabb in Starfleet?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,480

post Oct 5 2007, 06:18 AM
Post #2
The convention supposedly started today, so I don't think we'll see anything for a few hours still.

+Quote Post
sffilk
Admiral
Group Icon

post Oct 5 2007, 07:27 AM
Post #3
Just to let everyone know, I just checked the website.  There are no events slated to start until the opening ceremonies at 3PM ET, so I don't think there'll be any news yet, at least not for a while.

Oh, and the showing of Illiad is tentatively scheduled for Sunday afternoon.

edited to add additional information

+Quote Post
Rob_C
Rob Caves, Executive Producer, Editor, 3D Artist
Group Icon

Group: Root
Member No.: 4

post Oct 5 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #4
Moving this over to the conventions forum.

Rob

+Quote Post
sk8ter02a
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,387

post Oct 5 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #5
Both andrew and bobby rice where on the quest list on their website so i'm sure we'll hear something

+Quote Post
sffilk
Admiral
Group Icon

post Oct 8 2007, 07:32 AM
Post #6
Just so everyone knows, I just received a call from JT.  (I'd contacted him before he left via note here and said that if he and anyone else from STO/etc. would like to get away from the hotel for a dinner on me, to give me a call).  When I didn't hear from him, I figured he was unable to get me.  Well, it turns out he had a wonderful time here in Atlanta.  He didn't get my phone messages until just now (*sigh*).  He was about to board his flight to return to LA (so you'll hear more tonight).  I wished him safe journey home.  He said I should try to make the EB next spring.  I said it'd depend on when it is, because I'm supposed to be flying back to LAX for Passover this April, so it's case of "let's wait and see."

+Quote Post
AndrewF
Producer, Writer, Lead Graphic Artist
Group Icon

Group: Forum Staff
Member No.: 2,772

post Oct 8 2007, 01:10 PM
Post #7
For now, I'll just say that it was an incredibly busy weekend for all concerned.  There was always something happening from early in the morning until, well, early in the morning!  Adam left on Sunday evening.  Jamie returned home Sunday night.  JT and I (Andrew) got home this afternoon.  We'll have a nice report (and pictures in a gallery preview) very soon!

+Quote Post
CoreyAster
JT Tepnapa, Corey Aster
Group Icon

Member No.: 247

post Oct 8 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #8
And We all Landed Safely back home...

As it should be I suppose. I have to say I really loved Gaylaxicon. It was so much fun to meet writers, directors, and fans. It such a wonderful way to get together. Andrew will probably tell more later. But I will just say he's awesome!

I went there obviously for Star Trek, Odyssey, but maybe not so obviously, I also went to promote my DVDs and Judas Kiss. The Star Trek stuff was easy. But I was really scared when talking about my own stuff. But everyone was so friendly. I think Gaylaxicon is so diverse yet, so intimate, you can do anything there. As a filmmaker, I got to really shine, except with LOGO, which I'll tell you in a bit.

We had two Odyssey Centric panels, the first was gays in Trek related so it wasn't as ODY centric as we'd like it to be. But Andrew and Beo's shirt idea was a good way to draw the panel back to us. They were cute shirts, I'm sure Andrew will post pictures. The second panel was all about Odyssey. And that was the one I was really nervous about. It was a Sunday and I was afraid that after all-nighter con parties and guest leaving, we would only have a few guest attending the panel. I was pleasantly surprised that we had a good deal of people showing up, despite our hangovers. (Special thanks goes to Jamie Kirk who sat at the booth while we all did the various panels, Thanks buddy) I learned a lot by listening to fans about what they saw on screen. And I can't wait to share them with Rob. It's so important to get fan feedback. The boards  is one thing. But the energy of sitting with the audience is quite another. It's much easier to give that free-flow of exchange.

So. LOGO. Scary! I was so frackin nervous. I don't know, I think I built up this hype in my head. For those who don't watch, LOGO is a gay and lesbian cable channel. An ever-growing voice in the community. I was asked a few days before to do an interview with them. So I was prepared to do a sit down interview. Nope! How stupid was I!?! It was an on-camera interview! And I had to deliver the interview to one  person, while another talking to another. Okay. Yeah, I had to do that sometimes in HF. But it threw me off. I was totally shaking...that is until Adam came in and helped me out. He such an honest and sincere person (camera whore). Well, I stumbled through it a lot better with Adam by my side, talking about Hidden Frontier Odyssey and my own projects. But I was totally kicking myself afterwards until Adam made me realize that what's important is not getting on camera for a promo, but getting to talk to actual people working at LOGO. So I gave them a copy of my DVD and made a promise to get a cut of Odyssey to them soon. That's where you come in Rob, I need stuff! ;)

I'm leaving out lots of stuff that I'm sure Andrew will fill in later. But I just wanted to talk about my return home. First of all, I hate Flying! hate it. Panic attack, hate it. But this trip has been manageable. On the way home, I was sitting next to an Chinese man in his forties. And we started talking about Star Trek. I mentioned what we do of course. And he gets into a conversation about the Concepts of Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars and Harry Potter as it relates to Jesus Christ and God. He was obviously a member of the Church of Ladder Day Saints, but without the white shirt and tie riding on the bicycle. But he was utterly fascinating to listen to. He is doctor and scientist in nuclear medicine and nano technology. So that was the refreshing part. The combining of Religion and Science in a way that isn't at odds with each other. We talked for hours sharing views while Harry Potter 5 was on a TV Panel. I feel like I really got to understand Mormonism in a refreshing way. We really got into the "Science of Religion" of it, We only stopped talking when Dr. Who was playing. Which I must say, I didn't really understand before today. At Gaylaxicon, I kept telling people, "I don't know what you are taking about" and "Isn't Dr. Who a bit Silly?" But I watched a whole episode and I loved it. Also, at Gaylaxicon, I met up with one of my Judas Kiss investors who had a degree in Religious Studies. I had talked a great deal with him about Buddhism and Christianity. It wasn't until I landed, that I thought that was the end of a perfect trip to Gaylaxicon. The world kinda fell in sync for me.

+Quote Post
sffilk
Admiral
Group Icon

post Oct 9 2007, 04:32 AM
Post #9
I'm glad things went well for you, JT.

+Quote Post
Jamie_Kirk
Lieutenant
Group Icon

"Sometimes questions are more powerful than answers."

Member No.: 2,724

post Oct 9 2007, 01:54 PM
Post #10
(Special thanks goes to Jamie Kirk who sat at the booth while we all did the various panels, Thanks buddy)

Awww..... it was no problem. I really enjoyed being able to help out. It was a lot of fun. Well, I returned home Sunday night after seeing Adam off. I tell you what, MARTA (Atlanta's... "rail" system) isn't very fun to travel by at night  :?. But we made it back fine... well, everyone but me, as I have apparently caught the flu. I'm thinking that the lack of sleep and the cracking of Jaytee's whip  :wink: may be the culprits. Just kidding. Watching over the booth while Jaytee, Adam, and Andrew went off to the various panels was a lot of fun. I met a few new people that were fun to talk to. Lots of good pictures were taken (speaking of which, I have yet to see the new gallery, lol). I got to wear my new Starfleet uniform there, which I just loved. It's really warm though... not something I could wear often. Kudos goes to the HF/ODY/HC crew who actually wear those costumes for longer than a few hours at a time. I bet it's not very fun.

Oh, and by the way Jaytee, you did fine during the LOGO interview. The most important thing was that you got in front of the camera without any kind of script, which takes courage. I'm proud of ya!  :D

+Quote Post
rick20625
Rick Pike - Public Relations Pirate
Group Icon

I would neverr join a group that would have me as a member...

Member No.: 3,134

post Oct 9 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #11

Please make sure to post the LOGO interview here (if its HF/ODY related) or on the JK website if it's more about that.  I would like to see it and I am pretty sure I've never heard of this channel on my tv/cable system.

Rick

+Quote Post
Nemo
Ensign
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,719

post Oct 10 2007, 09:54 AM
Post #12
According to Marc Leonard's blog (he's the sr. VP of Multi-Platform programming--whatever that is--for Logo), most of the various interviews from G'con 2007 will be airing during Alien Boot Camp, Fridays at 10pm on Logo, starting Oct. 26. I for one will definitely be watching out for JT's interview.

Though I've already sent Logo's webmaster an e-mail about the blog, as well as posting a comment. There's a brief mention of "members of the casts of fan-generated (and gay-inclusive) online Star Trek series", with 'casts' implying that 'series' is actually plural (stupid 5th declension nouns), but only has a hyperlink to New Voyages. Hopefully, that will be changed soon.

+Quote Post
AndrewF
Producer, Writer, Lead Graphic Artist
Group Icon

Group: Forum Staff
Member No.: 2,772

post Oct 10 2007, 10:06 AM
Post #13
Several of us were interviewed (yes, I got to put in my two cents' worth) at various lengths.  Some shot "You are watching 'Alien Boot Camp'" promos, others were asked for opinions of the convention, others for stories of their work.  They said that they'd be editing all these to feature later in the month.

+Quote Post
Josh
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

Member No.: 941

post Oct 11 2007, 07:54 AM
Post #14
Any pictures from the convention, please linky :)

+Quote Post
Rob_C
Rob Caves, Executive Producer, Editor, 3D Artist
Group Icon

Group: Root
Member No.: 4

post Oct 11 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #15
Any pictures from the convention, please linky :)

Andrew has put up a Gaylaxicon Photo Gallery Here.

Enjoy!

Rob

+Quote Post
be back 1
Fleet Captain
Group Icon

We be unveiling two new models on or about may 21,2011

Member No.: 3,172

post Oct 11 2007, 10:00 AM
Post #16
I need to figure out how to host  one  of these thing here at my resort , in daytona  fla , 35 minutes from orlando    humm humm i wonder ?

+Quote Post
rockytop62
Fleet Captain
Group Icon

3 of 2013's top 5 lies are from Obama... according to Washington Post.

Member No.: 3,080

post Oct 11 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #17
So sorry I missed it.. I had every intention of going to Atlanta, and even had my hotel reservation there at the Sheraton.  Then got a last minute phone call and had to make a business trip to Salem, Oregon, over the weekend. Bummer! Glad all went well.

+Quote Post
CoreyAster
JT Tepnapa, Corey Aster
Group Icon

Member No.: 247

post Oct 11 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #18
So sorry I missed it.. I had every intention of going to Atlanta, and even had my hotel reservation there at the Sheraton.  Then got a last minute phone call and had to make a business trip to Salem, Oregon, over the weekend. Bummer! Glad all went well.

aww that's too bad! I would loved to have met you Farrell...maybe the next one? Washington DC...Rob is already thinking about 2008. So it's going to biggy for ODY/HC

+Quote Post
hudson
Michael Hudson, Website Staff
Group Icon

http://www.youtube.com/hiddenfrontier

Group: Website Staff
Member No.: 2,837

post Oct 11 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #19
JT, I can't believe how many themes you managed to pack into your post, you must have been reeling..

+Quote Post
sffilk
Admiral
Group Icon

post Oct 11 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #20
aww that's too bad! I would loved to have met you Farrell...maybe the next one? Washington DC...Rob is already thinking about 2008. So it's going to biggy for ODY/HC

I might try to make it as well, Corey.  Will have to see.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 10:06 PM