> Operation Beta Shield Filming the Week of the Excelsior Ball
Rob_C
Rob Caves, Executive Producer, Editor, 3D Artist
Group Icon

Group: Root
Member No.: 4

post Jan 30 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #1
We're going to be filming the final 3 days of Operation Beta Shield, the crossover film with USS Intrepid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday June 3-5th, 2008. 

The filming this year will take place at our "studio" about 45 minutes by car from LAX, the location of the annual Excelsior Ball.

As much as we would love to be able to have everyone at the shoot, our facilities are just not large enough to accommodate a lot of guests on top of both Intrepid, and Hidden Frontier cast and crews. 

However we would like to offer the filming experience to as many people as possible that will be in Los Angeles during this special time.  With that in mind we plan to accommodate five guests per day. (non-cast, non-crew).  These guests may be offered walk on roles, crew positions, or even lines depending on the day's needs.  However you are not required to have any skill or participate at all if you choose.

So we are going to be conducting a draw for the fifteen (five persons by three days) slots using the following procedure:

A thread will be opened for the "Thursday" draw first and will remain open for 24 hours. Any person interested in attending the Thursday shoot will be permitted to post once on the thread; this will constitute entry. Anyone posting twice or more will be disqualified. At the end of 24 hours the thread will be closed and printed. Each valid entry (a count will be provided at the end of the post of valid entries) will be printed and cut into the draw tickets. This will then be drawn at random selection from a bag. The entire process will be filmed and posted uncut to prove fairness of the draw. If selected in this draw, you are not eligible to enter for the Wednesday or Tuesday draws. The same will then go for people selected for the Wednesday draw not being eligible to enter for the Tuesday draw.  (We're going in reverse order because the closer to the ball there will be more  people arrived for the weekend.  The demand for Thursday will be the greatest.)

An exception to the "five persons only" rule will be as follows: if you are selected in a draw, and will be traveling to the Excelsior Ball with either a) a family member or relative, b) a traveling partner (carpooling from the hotel to the studio does not count) or c) a spouse, that person is also granted a position at the shoot. We ask that people not abuse this by pretending to be traveling partners or family members.

Should cancellations occur, the next drawn will be notified.  Should there be open guest slots, we will open those days for people to visit two or more days.

The final guest list is subject to HF Production's approval.  Additional exceptions may be made at our discretion for people possessing skills deemed necessary for the shoot.  The most likely example of this is proven makeup expertise.  Those exceptions will not count towards the five guest.

Use this thread to ask any questions about the drawing, shoot and related.

I hope this sounds fair to everyone.  It's certainly about as fair as we could think up.  We welcome your input.

Good luck!

Rob
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sabarwolf
Commodore
Group Icon

Capt. Bruce J. Space, U.S.S. Eagle Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 702

post Jan 31 2008, 05:29 AM
Post #2
Sounds fair to me.  :)

+Quote Post
NXArmada
Ryan Crisman, Wiki Admin, Graphic Illustrator
Group Icon

Group: HF Productions Cast / Crew
Member No.: 3,866

post Jan 31 2008, 05:36 AM
Post #3
Sounds fair to me.  :)

:agree:

+Quote Post
rick20625
Rick Pike - Public Relations Pirate
Group Icon

I would neverr join a group that would have me as a member...

Member No.: 3,134

post Jan 31 2008, 09:42 AM
Post #4

Sounds more than a fair process to me.  The fact you are even opening up your home... uh,  studio  to people to watch is amazing, and representative of the special bond you have to your fans and friends.

Rick

P.S.  Videotaping?  That sounds a bit much to me.  It's your backyard sandbox... if someone doesn't trust you on this, they need to find a new backyard sandbox to play in.

+Quote Post
Rob_C
Group Icon

post Jan 31 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #5
Not sure what you mean by "videotaping", Rick... are you asking if fans can bring cameras? 

Edit: I get what you mean now Rick, but I've answered another question anyway.  We'll videotape it and it'll be fun to see the winners get drawn during one of our chats.

I think the answer there is "no".  No video cameras, no still cameras, no recording devices of any kind will be allowed at the FILM SHOOT. 

Additionally there will be no video cameras or sound recording devices allowed at EB III.  Still cameras at the ball are OKAY.

Cheers,

Rob

+Quote Post
rick20625
Rick Pike - Public Relations Pirate
Group Icon

I would neverr join a group that would have me as a member...

Member No.: 3,134

post Jan 31 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #6

No, I meant that you would be filming your "lottery" to prove you were being fair.

Rick

+Quote Post
TheWriter
Camren T. Burton, DR/EQX Exec Producer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,357

post Feb 1 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #7
So when is the drawing for the Thursday slots, and equally important, how does one enter?

Reply to Jenn:

Ooops! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I was in a hurry the first time I read it.  :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

"Now we play the waiting game . . . . . . . .  aw, the waiting game sucks! Let's play Hungry, Hungry Hippos!" - Homer Simpson - "Mr. Plow"

+Quote Post
AlphaJenn
Commander
Group Icon

Yes, that is a real Star Trek slot machine, at the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas, NV! Nope, I didn't win! :(

Member No.: 66

post Feb 2 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #8
Camren,

Re-read Rob's initial message.  When we'll be 'raffling' off the Thursday slot - well, I don't know that, so just keep checking the boards.

:)

Jenn

+Quote Post
sffilk
Admiral
Group Icon

Harman Rabb in Starfleet?

Member No.: 1,480

post Mar 13 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #9
Not sure what you mean by "videotaping", Rick... are you asking if fans can bring cameras? 

Edit: I get what you mean now Rick, but I've answered another question anyway.  We'll videotape it and it'll be fun to see the winners get drawn during one of our chats.

I think the answer there is "no".  No video cameras, no still cameras, no recording devices of any kind will be allowed at the FILM SHOOT. 

Additionally there will be no video cameras or sound recording devices allowed at EB III.  Still cameras at the ball are OKAY.

Cheers,

Rob

You mean no one is going to record what happens at the ball for those of us who can't make it?  :cry:

+Quote Post
capell
HMD Technical Advisor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17

post Mar 13 2008, 02:52 PM
Post #10
You mean no one is going to record what happens at the ball for those of us who can't make it?   :cry:

There will be a video team from the crew recording the conference, and I assume that there'll be someone shooting footage of the side events and social gatherings.

-Jonathan

+Quote Post
Rob_C
Group Icon

post Mar 13 2008, 02:57 PM
Post #11
Still, the video is not the same thing as being there.  This is one event not to be missed, and I hesitate to say it may be the last year we officially host it, but there is that possibility looming as well.  I encourage everyone to attend, even if it means giving up your regular routine.  I promise you won't regret it!

Cheers,

Rob

+Quote Post
Captain Hunter
Nick Cook, Support Staff
Group Icon

On the edge of the frontier.

Member No.: 23

post Mar 13 2008, 03:00 PM
Post #12
Wouldn't miss it for the world. :)

+Quote Post
kujhawker
Admiral
Group Icon

Admiral KUJ - Chief Recruiter of the Elite StarFleet Man Candy Corp. Join Today!

Member No.: 2,538

post Mar 13 2008, 03:34 PM
Post #13
Wouldn't miss it for the world. :)

I would hope not or that would make Operation Beta Shield much less interesting.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 04:43 AM