Glenn
Fleet Captain
Group Icon

... remember ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,219

post May 18 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #41
I don't know when baseball season runs, but isn't the LA local team the Dodgers (late of Brooklyn)?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AndrewF
Producer, Writer, Lead Graphic Artist
Group Icon

Group: Forum Staff
Member No.: 2,772

post May 18 2008, 01:20 PM
Post #42
QUOTE (miles375 @ May 18 2008, 05:04 PM) *
My brother and I are coming over for the week prior and after the EB and are looking to go to a baseball match/game, can anyone tell me if it is the season when we are over, also who is the local team and if they have a website that we can look at

Thanks

Los Angeles Dodgers:
http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=la
The Dodgers are "at home" from 2-8 June. They play at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles.

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim:
http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=ana
The Angels are "at home" from 26 May - 1 June and 9-18 June. They play at Angel Stadium in Anaheim (near Disneyland).

+Quote Post
AlphaJenn
Commander
Group Icon

Yes, that is a real Star Trek slot machine, at the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas, NV! Nope, I didn't win! :(

Group: HF Productions Cast / Crew
Member No.: 66

post May 18 2008, 01:24 PM
Post #43
QUOTE (miles375 @ May 18 2008, 02:04 PM) *
My brother and I are coming over for the week prior and after the EB and are looking to go to a baseball match/game, can anyone tell me if it is the season when we are over, also who is the local team and if they have a website that we can look at

Thanks

Richard,

Glad that you two are coming! Can't wait to meet you both! As for American Baseball... Oh, I'm a BIG sports fan, especially Baseball! Los Angeles has two professional Baseball teams - Los Angeles Dodgers (dodgers.com) and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (angelsbaseball.com). Your in luck, in that the LA Dodgers will be IN town that whole week leading up to EBIII, while the Angels conclude their homestand against the Toronto Bluejays on Saturday, May 31st - they then go out on the road. Down south, in San Diego, there is the San Diego Padres (padres.com) are also playing at home the week of the Ball.

We are in the midst of the National Basketball Association (NBA) finals, and the Los Angeles Lakers just completed the second round playoff games and will not head to the NBA West Finals which hasn't been announced on when that final round will begin.

If I had the time, I'd go with you to a baseball game. But, I'll be busy of course, managing the film shoot. icon_biggrin.gif

Again, looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks.

Take care,

Jenn

+Quote Post
miles375
Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,340

post May 18 2008, 01:29 PM
Post #44
Thanks Andrew and Jenn,

My brother will be happy to know that there are two teams means he can pick icon_smile.gif

Thanks again

Richard

+Quote Post
Rob_C
Rob Caves, Executive Producer, Editor, 3D Artist
Group Icon

Group: Root
Member No.: 4

post May 18 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #45
For those coming to the shoot, or want a cheap and fast way to downtown LA, check out the Fly Away Bus between LAX and downtown LA Union Station. It's only $4 and is non-stop!! The buses run every half hour in both directions.

LAX Drop-Off and Pick-Up Locations:

All FlyAway buses drop-off passengers on the Upper/Departures Level of each terminal at LAX. Passengers board buses on the Lower/Arrivals Level in front of each terminal under the green "FlyAway, Buses and Long Distance Vans" signs. Each bus is marked with its service location.

This is a great cheap way to get to downtown LA (there is also a bus to Westwood for west side attractions). But I recommend the downtown bus for getting to the shoot, or day trips to Hollywood, downtown LA has lots to see and do and to connect with other train service around LA.

Cheers,

Rob

+Quote Post
Rob_C
Rob Caves, Executive Producer, Editor, 3D Artist
Group Icon

Group: Root
Member No.: 4

post May 27 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #46
Huell Howser's been promoting the International Printing Museum featuring the history of the printing press. It's just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the EB in Torrance, California. Might be a fun afternoon adventure! That's amazing!!

Rob

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 04:54 PM