hudson
Michael Hudson, Website Staff
Group Icon

http://www.youtube.com/hiddenfrontier

Group: Website Staff
Member No.: 2,837

post Apr 4 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #1
I rarely start this type of thread because a ) I tend to be rubbish at it and b ) I tend to forget where I learnt some information from and don't want to drop myself in it.

However, as you know Rob tends to leave bits out of announcement posts and he's done the same here, there are some actor's character names missing presumably for spoiler reasons (although he left off that Jim was the Prez and mentioned it in a post so that could be my theory blown out the water).

Anyway, take a look at the April 1st graphics, in particular Shelby and then see how she's listed in Fed 1.....

(Re: a) , I seem to remember saying Odyssey was definately not going to be another Trek series so I was only off by about a year...)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Theo Gary
Lieutenant Commander
Group Icon

Credo quia absurdum.

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,125

post Apr 4 2008, 07:03 PM
Post #2
Well, here are some points I've thought up as being possible story elements.

- Federation One is obviously like Airforce One, meaning it will be the personal transport of the Federation President
- Macabe will somehow really distinguish himself in Beta Shield and will become the head of the Prez's security detail
- The co-star...I dunno. Maybe Becky, reprising her role as Jenna McFarland or Vindenpawl?

+Quote Post
rick20625
Rick Pike - Public Relations Pirate
Group Icon

I would neverr join a group that would have me as a member...

Group: HF Productions Cast / Crew
Member No.: 3,134

post Apr 4 2008, 07:36 PM
Post #3
Well, who is the person who would know to trust McCabe and make him personal security chief if he/she somehow were to become the President of the Federation?

That's kind of a short list...

I also notice, in OBS, that everyone is assigned ranks in the credits... except for one key person.

So I guess you see where I am going in my guessing about who becomes President. But HOW?

As usual, quite excited to see how this unfolds.

And, like Michael, I am not always the best for guessing... I felt SURE that Shelby and Lefler were planning to sacrifice Excelsior to fight the Grey by driving it into a Grey vessel or even the Dyson Sphere. WRONG!

+Quote Post
rick20625
Group Icon

post Apr 5 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #4

OK, see.. my guessing already proved wrong. I see from a press release comment that someone else is in the role of the President, and not who I thought.

But still... will be interesting to learn how McCabe gets such a high position.

Rick

+Quote Post
hudson
Group Icon

post Apr 5 2008, 11:36 AM
Post #5
QUOTE (rick20625 @ Apr 5 2008, 08:09 PM) *
OK, see.. my guessing already proved wrong. I see from a press release comment that someone else is in the role of the President, and not who I thought.

But still... will be interesting to learn how McCabe gets such a high position.

Rick

Hey, don't tell me you're in the "Videnpawl for President" camp......

Although the president wasn't credited in the original announcement, it was mentioned by Rob somewhere in these threads (or Trekweb).

BUT, look at Shelby's pips.....

+Quote Post
Rob_C
Rob Caves, Executive Producer, Editor, 3D Artist
Group Icon

Group: Root
Member No.: 4

post Apr 5 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #6
QUOTE (hudson @ Apr 6 2008, 06:36 PM) *
Hey, don't tell me you're in the "Videnpawl for President" camp......

Although the president wasn't credited in the original announcement, it was mentioned by Rob somewhere in these threads (or Trekweb).

BUT, look at Shelby's pips.....

Don't forget, the April 1st graphics were made totally unrelated to OBS/FED. So if there were some of the same characters in there, it may be a total coincidence depending on the limited graphics Andrew had in his possession to use for the jokes.

Rob

+Quote Post
rick20625
Group Icon

post Apr 5 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #7
Well, my guesses, at this point are probably not worth too much (plus, it is very early).

That being said:

Spoiler (highlight to view):
I think Shelby is going to be promoted from Starfleet into a high-level diplomatic liaison to the Romulans and other races in the Beta Quadrant where the potential for future Archien incursion might occur. She brings McCabe with her, and promotes him to be the chief of security for the diplomatic mission. And I think it will tie back to ODY down the road as that is the point where the Odyssey and perhaps Kelvans fight to re-enter our galaxy??

We'll see how long that holds up. Will be interesting to see what other ideas people can come up with. Also, after next week, I won't be able to post on this topic, so now's the time to chat it up.

Rick

P.S. Rob, feel free to toss us any bones ... yeah, right, like that is gonna happen. icon_lol.gif

+Quote Post
hudson
Group Icon

post Apr 5 2008, 12:05 PM
Post #8
QUOTE (Rob_C @ Apr 5 2008, 08:51 PM) *
Don't forget, the April 1st graphics were made totally unrelated to OBS/FED. So if there were some of the same characters in there, it may be a total coincidence depending on the limited graphics Andrew had in his possession to use for the jokes.

Rob

You can't catch us out that easily...

Just because Andrew accidently used a photo from the "Not to be used until release" pile..

+Quote Post
rick20625
Group Icon

post Apr 5 2008, 12:18 PM
Post #9
Michael:

I think you are correct.

Amended speculation:
I think Shelby is going to be promoted from Starfleet to Admiral in a high-level diplomatic liaison to the Romulans and other races in the Beta Quadrant where the potential for future Archien incursion might occur. She brings McCabe with her, and promotes him to be the chief of security for the diplomatic mission. And I think it will tie back to ODY down the road as that is the point where the Odyssey and perhaps Kelvans fight to re-enter our galaxy??

What isn't clear to me yet is

Shelby is listed as only appearing in the first episode, FED1.01 Unity, as a "guest cast" --- so perhaps either she participates only in the setup of the mission... or, more darkly, something else happens to prevent her from being part of the mission. I don't know.

Rick

+Quote Post
SPT
Commodore
Group Icon

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

Member No.: 3,143

post Apr 8 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #10
I'm surprised anyone can comment at all.

In best Irish Mothers voice...

ROBERT CAVESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW YOUNG MAN!! WHAT KIND OF A TEASER DO YOU CALL THAT? ALL THAT ZOOMING ABOUT, I COULDN'T SEE ANYTHING AT ALL! GET YOURSELF DOWN TO FR.MURPHY AND CONFESSION, AND WAIT TILL I TELL YOUR FATHER!! AND NEXT TIME, DO IT SO I CAN SEE SOMETHING, OR IT'LL BE THE WOODEN SPOON!!

+Quote Post
sffilk
Admiral
Group Icon

Harman Rabb in Starfleet?

Member No.: 1,480

post Apr 8 2008, 11:41 AM
Post #11
QUOTE (SPT @ Apr 8 2008, 01:57 PM) *

ROBERT CAVESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW YOUNG MAN!! WHAT KIND OF A TEASER DO YOU CALL THAT? ALL THAT ZOOMING ABOUT, I COULDN'T SEE ANYTHING AT ALL! GET YOURSELF DOWN TO FR.MURPHY AND CONFESSION, AND WAIT TILL I TELL YOUR FATHER!! AND NEXT TIME, DO IT SO I CAN SEE SOMETHING, OR IT'LL BE THE WOODEN SPOON!!

What, you wouldn't use a shillelagh?

+Quote Post
Betras McFarland
Captain
Group Icon

From: Shakespeareland, the new amusement park. YOU SHOULD SEE OUR RICHARD III ROLLER COASTER
Member No.: 3,187

post Apr 8 2008, 02:57 PM
Post #12
QUOTE (SPT @ Apr 8 2008, 11:57 AM) *

oh HAHAHA! you sound like my Mom... icon_eek.gif
how do I adore thee? let me count the ways...

+Quote Post
Will
Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,112

post Apr 11 2008, 02:56 PM
Post #13
Since the series is called "Federation One," referring to the ship of the President of the Federation, I wonder if we're going to see any members of the planetary governments which make up the Federation. I assume the United Earth government still governs Terran matters, and wonder if we might see the head of UE working with the Federation President, along with the heads/Ambassadors of Vulcan/Andoria/Tellar/etc. Perhaps Henglaar left Starfleet after Myra Elbry's death, went back to Tellar and has since gotten a government job...? icon_razz.gif

Is UESPA still around? They don't seem to be navy, but more army/marines perhaps...I imagine Colonel West (from ST: VI) was UESPA, and that was 23th century. Will we see anyone in FED1 with army ranks?

+Quote Post
Ro Sekura
Lieutenant Commander
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,987

post Apr 21 2008, 10:42 AM
Post #14
That is a possibility. I am forever asking my online buddy by the username mach for info on military ranking and formation, etc. He served in National Guard and is an avid military history buff. He did say that it is a possibility to have army and navy together. Hell whenever the Marines have to go somewhere, the Navy gives em a ride. Not too farfetched for that. Though if that does occur there should be at least some correction distinction in ranks. Other than that I am just sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for other news.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 07:46 AM