Vito
David O'Neil
Group Icon

McCain's Threat Level of Desperation

Group: HF Productions Cast / Crew
Member No.: 2,077

post Jun 8 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #1
It's 8:32 pm as I write this. Its the end of a very long 5 days for me. First, the three day marathon of filming the last batch of stuff for Orphans of War II: Operation Beta Shield and early filming on Federation One.

The Excelsior Ball III began -for me - late Friday. Almost immediately, I met new fans, like Donald (AKA Mike Blondel), Ryan(AKA NXArmada) Will (AKA as Will), Richard (Miles375), Tobey (DCnightwolf) Mike (sabarwolf) , along with past fans I've met, Chris (crystalwearer), and Wendy (Wicked Wonder), Mike (Hudson), Alex (dark_phoenix) . The cast of Intrepid, Nick, Lucy, and Bodo.

The largest reunion of all three Exclesior Ball's of past and present cast and crew members.

Two wonderful late nights around the piano in the lobby of the hotel singing showtunes, with one of them turning a bit odd, when a New Zealand army boy joined us, along with his bottle of some Kiwi Vodka. I actually got to see him today, just before he was heading out to the UK, and he told me (his name was David, just like me) he woke up this morning in his hotel bathtube, not knowing how he got there.

There is much more to say, but I'm so tired my eyes hurt just to look at the monitor.

Tomorrow, I'm off to Universal Studios with the fans and some cast members. It's bound to be another day of fun, but I'll be tired.

David
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Captain Hunter
Nick Cook, Support Staff
Group Icon

On the edge of the frontier.

Member No.: 23

post Jun 8 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #2
This has been the most fantastic week, and while we still have a couple of days to go, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't truly sad to see the end in sight.

I don't know if we'll be filming anything next year, but you can bet we'll be back for EB4.

+Quote Post
Wicked Wonder
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

maybe, maybe not...

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,090

post Jun 8 2008, 11:42 PM
Post #3
As I'm sitting up in bed, still in my hotel room, I keep getting flashes of things from this weekend. Thursday, the barbeque at Rob's, with his bug zapper that looks like a tennis racquet. Friday, arrival at the Radisson with the freezing conference room and seeing everyone. Saturday with the big fun dinner and the singing that had me up until 3 am LA time (which equals 6 am Indiana time). Sunday, tears of both joy and sadness. You guys!
I love you all. See you soon!

+Quote Post
dcnightwolf
Commodore
Group Icon

Life's a banquest and most poor suckers are starvin' to death!

Member No.: 2,583

post Jun 9 2008, 05:59 AM
Post #4
Initial report from the Wolf Pack...(though Sabar is still out cold)...

Talk about a weekend...

I have not had a truly enjoyable trip like that in sometime!

After a wonderful flight (except for the school brats who wouldn't behave) we got our rental car from hell...

We got checked in... then we stopped at a gas station and ended up with a chocolate bar that was dust on the outside and the chocolate was gray... more on that later...

We got to the studios and OH MY GOD!!! I think we gave Beo
Spoiler (highlight to view):
a must have been either a heart attack or orgasm
we met Alex, Wendy, Chris, heard John snore, and several others... but best of all we got to see Jayden.... and helped out with the shoot... it was hysterical talking with everyone in the room but them talking to each other on lap tops...till the network died... dinner was running a tab bit late (see 3 hours) but we had some lovely veggies and stories... and we saw carol burnett
(yes say it alex - bi**h)
By the time Chris, MIke, and I got back to the hotel we were up about 24 hrs, but loving every minute of it... btw don't get off the 110 at Century blvd... just go to the 105 and then get off the freeway..
can you say inglewood?

There was setup (poor Jonathan), there was the start (good job Andrew), there was fun (meeting everyone), there was excitement (drinking game), there was saddness (some couldn't come), there was terror (never ask the grand majan if her butt is water tight)....this weekend had it all... we even had Sabar's brother come down for the weekend (hadn't seen him since christmas and may not see him before he deploys)...

Personal Memories:

Beautiful Beautiful Wendy... this poor woman manned the greetings table for most of the weekend and enjoyed it... what a heart of gold....

Jonathan Cappell - a techno genius and a nice guy who tracked us down because we didn't have a chance to say goodbye...

Our Fuzzy T. Wolf meeting everyone while that Hack-Lush stayed true to form and disappeared...

The techno knowledge exhibited by Camren, Alex, Jonathan - wow! they know their trek...

OH MY GOD!!! I ALMOST FORGOT!!! THEY STUMPED CAPPELL!!!!!

There are just so many more.... all available on film for just 29.95! jk... I will be posting links to the video I shot this weekend as soon as I can get them edited... the title will be Blackmail and the Record Labels...

+Quote Post
ChimChimIsDead
Commander
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,155

post Jun 9 2008, 06:07 AM
Post #5
Last year I didn't get to talk to you too much, David. This year I got a chance to talk and the both of us being witty.

I think there should be more time to socialize! There's never enough is there?

Wicked Wonder: It was nice meeting you for the first time.

+Quote Post
ChimChimIsDead
Commander
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,155

post Jun 9 2008, 06:23 AM
Post #6
It was nice meeting the wolfs on Saturday. Although when I drove them to the dinner they made fun of my car. With the price of gas being so high, I'm smuck about getting 45-50 miles to the gallon. Take that oil companys!

+Quote Post
Ro Sekura
Lieutenant Commander
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,987

post Jun 9 2008, 08:23 AM
Post #7
I'm surprised David forgot me icon_redface.gif

Anyway I actually had fun though I could only attend two days of the ball. Traveling back and forth from San Berdu is a pain in the rear but when you have other obligations it becomes moot. I really enjoyed meeting Adam, JT, Becky and other cast and crew members. John was more or less a riot in terms of jokes.

I was glad to be there and meet people that were a part of a great series. DC and Saber were cool and rick was a real pal. Thanks for making EBIII a great thing. Definitely a return trip next year.

+Quote Post
Betras McFarland
Captain
Group Icon

From: Shakespeareland, the new amusement park. YOU SHOULD SEE OUR RICHARD III ROLLER COASTER
Member No.: 3,187

post Jun 9 2008, 10:46 PM
Post #8
QUOTE (Vito @ Jun 8 2008, 09:00 PM) *
Two wonderful late nights around the piano in the lobby of the hotel singing showtunes, with one of them turning a bit odd, when a New Zealand army boy joined us, along with his bottle of some Kiwi Vodka. I actually got to see him today, just before he was heading out to the UK, and he told me (his name was David, just like me) he woke up this morning in his hotel bathtube, not knowing how he got there.

yes...hahahaha I am not surprised the poor beautiful boy had a foggy memory of that night...the vodka was...er,...potent.

*cough* did you get his email? icon_lol.gif (I just want a copy of the pictures, that is all.)

one of my favorite quotes from that evening:

David (new zealand boy) : "you know, I love you mother f-ers, but there is a line past which Star Trek has GOT to END."

Carlos: (gazing at New Zealand boy, holding up his glass of vodka and nodding wisely): "oh, I thorougly concur. And right at this moment, I know exactly upon which side of that line I am standing."

+Quote Post
Thalek
John Whiting, Thalek
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

post Jun 9 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #9
Oh, that IS a nice quote!

+Quote Post
hudson
Michael Hudson, Website Staff
Group Icon

http://www.youtube.com/hiddenfrontier

Group: Website Staff
Member No.: 2,837

post Jun 9 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #10
Nice one Carlos.

+Quote Post
Betras McFarland
Captain
Group Icon

From: Shakespeareland, the new amusement park. YOU SHOULD SEE OUR RICHARD III ROLLER COASTER
Member No.: 3,187

post Jun 9 2008, 11:53 PM
Post #11
well, yes, it is a nice quote, but...he was standing on the wrong side of the line. or the right side. depends on how you look at it. I was on the same side as Carlos and New Zealand boy...I'm still not sure why we didn't go for a swim. icon_lol.gif

+Quote Post
wilde002j
Ensign
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 3,968

post Jun 10 2008, 12:06 AM
Post #12
Hi

Sorry I Couldn't make it to EBIII!

Sounds like it was fun though!

Maybe I'll make it to EBIV if there's one. (I hope)

Good luck with OBS!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 04:39 PM