IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Federation One goes Audio!, Mini-series expanded into full series!
Rob_C
Rob Caves, Executive Producer, Editor, 3D Artist
Group Icon

Group: Root
Member No.: 4

post Jul 14 2008, 04:43 PM
Post #1
Some exciting news to report with Federation One!

Initially Federation One was to be a full series along with Odyssey and The Helena Chronicles, however time constraints and resources forced it to be pared back to a 3 episode mini-series.

Well not anymore! With the addition of 5 audio episodes a season, the show will now be what it was meant to be.

Here's how it works:

Federation One's first season has only one episode, "Unity" as well as "Operation Beta Shield", the film that serves as a prelude.

Starting January 1st 2009, Odyssey, Helena, and Federation One begin their second season.

Federation One's second season premiere will be filmed. However the next five episodes of the season will be audio-plays. Season 3 of Federation One will also have one filmed episode (probably the season premiere) and the rest of the season will be audio.

To kick off the audio plays in a big way, we're teaming up with Starfleet Renegades, the audio drama that spun off of Hidden Frontier's 4th season episode, "Piracy of the Noble" featuring the pirate Captain Nicholas Roberts. Episode 202 of Federation One will feature an exciting crossover between Federation One and Starfleet Renegades to be directed by James DeRuvo.

As season 2 of all shows gets underway, we'll have more info on the audio episodes to announce as well as more exciting crossovers.

We're excited to have Federation One expanded in this way so that more stories can be told with these characters without sacrificing studio time already blocked out for our other productions.

We hope you enjoy them as well!

Best,

Rob
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
crystalwearer
Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,693

post Jul 14 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #2
How exciting! I wonder if this means Korg gets more lines. icon_smile.gif

To celebrate the transition, I think you should add lyrics to the Federation One theme and have Becky sing them. Or perhaps have President Vindenpawl periodically abuse her newfound power to satisfy her great love of opera. (We can replace the Vindy dancers with the Vindy Chorus.)

--Chris

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
David W. Hill, HMD Exec Producer, Staff Editor/Audio Engineer
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4,051

post Jul 14 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #3
I'd always wondered why Fed One was only planned to have three episodes, given the possibilities of the concept - now I understand why (studio time and just having played with LightWave for the first time...I can imagine that taking some time to get right as well).... I am absolutely thrilled to hear about this development!

As for what Vindy's chorus should play first, "Duel of the Fates" springs to mind. icon_wink.gif

Cheers!

+Quote Post
moocow1452
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,600

post Jul 14 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #4
Wow, that's great about Audioplaying Federation One, makes ipod transfer all the easier.

+Quote Post
elennar
Rear Admiral
Group Icon

Hidden Frontier's Borg Queen

Member No.: 1,512

post Jul 14 2008, 08:28 PM
Post #5
Well, doing audio would certainly make things easier if you need more of Korg. icon_biggrin.gif

I'm certainly interested in seeing how it plays out to have it continued in audio plays. Frankly, I think it's a great idea, the stories have always been my favorite thing about HF. If you need a random female voice for some small part, I'll be more than happy to help out. icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
gwyllm
Ensign
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 4,107

post Jul 15 2008, 04:01 AM
Post #6
That sounds great. I love full cast audio stories, but the Starfleet Renegades website is down.

+Quote Post
miles375
Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,340

post Jul 15 2008, 09:52 AM
Post #7
Great News, I love Darker Projects audio stuff and I dare say this will be just as good icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
Wowbagger
Ensign
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,327

post Jul 15 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #8
QUOTE (crystalwearer @ Jul 15 2008, 12:53 AM) *
How exciting! I wonder if this means Korg gets more lines. icon_smile.gif

Man, I hope so. After all, as has been noted elsewhere, Karl Puder is God.

Glad to hear this. I was sad to hear about the cutting down of Federation One, and I know from experience that an audio format will not impede the story. (It might even allow it to grow!) So this is very good news.

Also, glad to hear Starfleet Renegades lives. I was worried when their site went down.

+Quote Post
Arkady
Commander
Group Icon

Sic vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Group: HF Productions Cast / Crew
Member No.: 1,920

post Jul 18 2008, 12:58 AM
Post #9
That is very cool news icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
David W. Hill, HMD Exec Producer, Staff Editor/Audio Engineer
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4,051

post Jul 18 2008, 04:08 AM
Post #10
OK...now that this has happily settled in my mind, I have a question. Quelle surprise, I'm sure. icon_wink.gif

Is HFP/Areakt handling the audio production? Or are you working with Starfleet Renegades or another entity to produce it?

+Quote Post
Danny
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

Name a shrub after meó something prickly and hard to eradicate.

Member No.: 4,044

post Jul 18 2008, 07:48 AM
Post #11
It sounds interesting,
But
How many 'Normal' episodes can we expect on each series (Other than Fed one cause you've explained it)

+Quote Post
blackhawk
Ensign
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,139

post Aug 4 2008, 06:11 AM
Post #12
It appears the majority opinion thinks this is a good idea. Personally, I doubt it will work for me. I hope I'll be able to follow the story with only the video productions but, if not, I'll still look forward to the other HF series.

+Quote Post
Macker
Commodore
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,549

Warn: XXXXX

post Nov 1 2008, 06:40 PM
Post #13
What I'd like to see, either on video or audio, doesn't matter...is a visit back to Vrijheid IV and some scene where the locals pay tribute to President Vindenpawl with their national anthem!

/snicker

+Quote Post
Vito
David O'Neil
Group Icon

McCain's Threat Level of Desperation

Member No.: 2,077

post Nov 1 2008, 07:09 PM
Post #14
I have mixed emotions, but that's only because Selek is gone for a while.

Arrrgggg.

David

+Quote Post
igazzkikr
Ensign
Group Icon

USS Medstar

Member No.: 3,459

post Nov 3 2008, 10:22 AM
Post #15
This will be a great addition. Any chance Hidden Frontier may be able to serve as a mirror for Renegades? Filters at work have added that to my list of unaccessable.

Kevin

+Quote Post
capell
HMD Technical Advisor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17

post Nov 3 2008, 11:07 AM
Post #16
QUOTE (igazzkikr @ Nov 3 2008, 11:22 AM) *
This will be a great addition. Any chance Hidden Frontier may be able to serve as a mirror for Renegades? Filters at work have added that to my list of unaccessable.

Kevin

It's not the filters at work. The site is offline at the moment.

-Jonathan

+Quote Post
igazzkikr
Ensign
Group Icon

USS Medstar

Member No.: 3,459

post Nov 3 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #17
QUOTE (capell @ Nov 3 2008, 11:07 PM) *
It's not the filters at work. The site is offline at the moment.

-Jonathan

Unless the site has been down since April/Mayish, then sadly, it is the filters. I haven't been able to access the site since a few weeks after I downloaded the first episode (which was great). I get the same message for all of the others that were cut. Lost Intrepid, Lexington, Aurora, Hathaway, Origins, Unity, Excalibur, Exeter, and a whole host of others. Figured I was lucky that I didn't lose Farragut, or Hidden Frontier, and just lost Phase 2's forum. Unfortunately I work for a large company that's had a few online problems in the past.

One piece of malware, Melissa I think, hit us so badly we made national news by name.

Bad time for the home PC to die.

+Quote Post
capell
HMD Technical Advisor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17

post Nov 3 2008, 03:10 PM
Post #18
QUOTE (igazzkikr @ Nov 3 2008, 04:03 PM) *
Unless the site has been down since April/Mayish, then sadly, it is the filters. I haven't been able to access the site since a few weeks after I downloaded the first episode (which was great). I get the same message for all of the others that were cut. Lost Intrepid, Lexington, Aurora, Hathaway, Origins, Unity, Excalibur, Exeter, and a whole host of others. Figured I was lucky that I didn't lose Farragut, or Hidden Frontier, and just lost Phase 2's forum. Unfortunately I work for a large company that's had a few online problems in the past.

One piece of malware, Melissa I think, hit us so badly we made national news by name.

Bad time for the home PC to die.

It's already on the same servers. The site has been down for quite a while.

-Jonathan

+Quote Post
Rob_C
Group Icon

post Nov 3 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #19
On a related note, if Sam doesn't mind the file hosting, I wouldn't have a problem with the Renegades pilot (can't remember the title atm) available through the download page for Federation One 202, which is the crossover episode. A link to Piracy of the Noble (the HF episode that introduced the Renegades cast) might also be useful on that page.

Cheers,

Rob

+Quote Post
Rob_C
Group Icon

post Nov 4 2008, 02:19 PM
Post #20
A few staff announcements for Federation One Audio:

Andrew Foster will be taking over as Producer of Federation One Audio with the first audio drama, episode 202. I will remain on as Executive Producer to help oversee continuity with the other shows, but Andrew will be handling the day-to-day operation of the audio dramas. Episode 202 will be directed by James DeRuvo and edited by Michael Hudson.

We're hammering out staff writing assignments for the audio dramas as we speak. 202 was written by Eric Weaver and we've also welcomed aboard Camren T. Burton to the audio writing staff. Federation One will climax with a filmed episode to coincide with Odyssey/Helena's finale written by Brian S. Matthews, likely sometime in 2010.

Andrew will be posting lines for small roles in the first audio drama (202) in the Federation One forum, and like the other shows, fans will be encouraged to participate and send in audio recordings for those roles. Larger roles will be offered as well, so submitting for small roles can often lead to bigger roles!

Welcome aboard, and welcome back aboard for those changing job descriptions! I hope you all get involved and make this a fun project the whole community can be proud of!

Cheers,

Rob

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 03:45 PM