David W. Hill, HMD Exec Producer, Staff Editor/Audio Engineer
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4,051

post Sep 11 2011, 06:08 AM
Post #181
Update on HMD 1.07, "Final Exam" Production

We are now up to six scenes being completed and locked for a total of 6:19 of footage. Seventeen additional scenes are now in some stage of assembly, with about 3.5 minutes put together so far. This puts us at about 25% complete. Given lines received in the last few hours, we should be able to complete and lock another four scenes and begin assembly on all but a handful of the 36 scenes in this episode by the end of the day.

Given that the ODY film's release is now imminent, I'm opting to hold on HMD 1.06's release for now. Planned release is now late September. I'll lock in a date as soon as I have artwork. icon_mrgreen.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Sep 11 2011, 01:27 PM
Post #182
Additional Update on HMD 1.07, "Final Exam" Production

We are now up to 12 scenes being completed and locked for a total of 11:51 of footage. Sixteen additional scenes are now in some stage of assembly, with about 6:45 put together so far. This now puts us at about 40% of the completed episode. Work on this one will be slowing down until additional lines are received.

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Sep 14 2011, 08:06 PM
Post #183
Work on 1.07 has resumed and we're floating around 45% at the moment. I'll file a more complete status update tomorrow sometime - for now, it's beddie-bye time. icon_mrgreen.gif

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Sep 16 2011, 10:00 AM
Post #184
Update on HMD 1.07, "Final Exam" Production

We are now up to 17 scenes being completed and locked for a total of 16:35 of footage. Fifteen additional scenes are now in some stage of assembly, with about 6.5 minutes assembled so far. We've broken the 50% barrier on assembly of the various scenes. There are two pickup lines that should be delivered this weekend along with a wayward set of main cast lines which should get us close to two-thirds assembled. This still looks like it could be our longest episode ever, possibly coming in north of 41 minutes.

While I'm waiting for more lines to come in, I'll be taking a look at 2.01 (whose submission deadline just passed) and see what I can work on there.

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Nov 1 2011, 09:22 AM
Post #185
Sorry for the delay in updates. Couple of things going on with me in terms of my living situation (including housesitting for two weeks), my never-ending search for a new paying job and a slow flow of lines coming from some actors for these episodes. I'm happy to report that production has resumed and two additional scenes for 1.07 have been completed, bringing us up to about 20 minutes of completed footage and about 25 minutes or so assembled thus far, with about 45% of the episode yet to go.

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Nov 14 2011, 07:18 PM
Post #186
Here is the current proposed banner art for HMD 1.06, "Vector of Infection"....

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Nov 21 2011, 04:39 AM
Post #187
We can now commit to a Monday, 05 December 2011 release date for our next episode, HMD 1.06, "Vector of Infection". Stay tuned for more details!

+Quote Post
TheWriter
Camren T. Burton, DR/EQX Exec Producer
Group Icon

Group: HF Productions Cast / Crew
Member No.: 1,357

post Nov 21 2011, 06:46 AM
Post #188
Exciting news! I'll be counting the days!

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Mar 19 2012, 07:46 PM
Post #189
As we've had some movement lately, I figured it was time to dust off this thread.

I am happy to report that the second season opener, HMD 2.01, "Graduation, Part One", has broken the 50% assembled mark. It currently stands at 54% assembled with just under twelve minutes of footage "in the can" from eleven scenes. Another six scenes are partially completed, with another four minutes of footage there. Three scenes are still in the cradle, awaiting some actor recordings (some late, some being re-recorded owing to technical issues), although I can get those started and probably squeeze another minute or so of footage before I hit the wall.

The first season finale, HMD 1.07, "Final Exam", remains at 78% assembled, with twenty-six scenes completed and nearly 34 minutes of footage in the can. Another eight scenes are partially completed, awaiting actor recordings, bringing us up another four minutes of footage. It is definitely looking like this episode will be the longest of the series thus far. It will also be the first to utilize our new theme, which is being cranked out by our composer, Gareth Ortiz-Timson, as we speak. If all goes well, the second or third "preview" we put out for the trilogy will feature it.

The conclusion to our second season opener, HMD 2.02, "Graduation, Part Two", is only 20% assembled at the moment, with only four scenes in the can, totaling just two minutes of footage (mostly audio SFX "shots"). We're still awaiting quite a few lines from our actors before we can go hard-core into assembly. Then again, this episode isn't slated to come out for a number of months yet, so we have some time.

Writing of HMD 2.03, "Internal Affairs", is proceeding slowly. More on that later. icon_mrgreen.gif

+Quote Post
sffilk
Admiral
Group Icon

Harman Rabb in Starfleet?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,480

post Mar 20 2012, 08:23 AM
Post #190
Just to be sure (the Russian part of me sometimes manifests itself), you're not missing any lines from me, are you?

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Mar 20 2012, 09:49 AM
Post #191
QUOTE (sffilk @ Mar 20 2012, 11:23 AM) *
Just to be sure (the Russian part of me sometimes manifests itself), you're not missing any lines from me, are you?

Nope. You're good.

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Mar 27 2012, 08:42 AM
Post #192
I am happy to report that the second season opener, HMD 2.01, "Graduation, Part One", has broken the 60% assembled mark. Twelve minutes of footage remain "in the can" from eleven scenes. All but one scene are now at least partially assembled, comprising another six minutes of footage. John Whiting (Dr. Henglaar), David Hill (Admiral Kelkene), Tammy Klein (Subcommander Nonia) and Will Dees (Centurion Rulok) have wrapped for this episode.

As to HMD 1.07, there has been no movement since my last report. Recasting will occur shortly on at least one role - stay tuned for developments.

The following actors have wrapped for HMD 1.07:
David Hill (Crewman Ian David/Admiral Kelkene)
Christopher Ryan (Ensign Davies)
Scott Fack (Lieutenant Ken Kato)
Steve Rimpici (Romulan Communications Officer)
Michael Liebmann (Romulan Helm Officer)
Bin Lee (Romulan Tactical Officer)
Brettney Perr (Lieutenant Shelev)
Fiona Lincke (T'Pau Communications Officer)
Alex Matthews (Lieutenant Viix)

The conclusion to our second season opener, HMD 2.02, "Graduation, Part Two", is now 30% assembled, with nine scenes in the can, totaling eight minutes of footage. Another two scenes are partially assembled, with another four minutes of footage thus far. That leaves eight scenes awaiting lines. Tammy Klein (Subcommander Nonia), Bin Lee (Romulan Tactical Officer) and Steve Rimpici (Romulan Communications Officer) have wrapped for this episode.

I have been in contact with most of the actors that are pending submissions and they are working diligently to get them done. I anticipate receiving all lines except for four sets (all of which need to be cast or recast) by the end of the coming weekend.

Stay tuned for further developments! And if you're on Facebook, don't forget to "like" our page!

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Mar 29 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #193
I am pleased to announce that we have been able to complete an additional scene for HMD 1.07, "Final Exam". This did not move us very far in terms of completion (still at 80%), but we can now announce that Rick Pike (Commander Stu Karsten), Casey Jones (Lt. Commander Andrus Mio) and Michael Harding (CPO Lindquist) have wrapped for this episode.

At this juncture, we are pulling the trigger on recasting at least one of the two roles that have yet to submit lines - details to follow from our Casting Director.

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Mar 31 2012, 12:00 PM
Post #194
I am happy to report that HMD 2.01, "Graduation, Part Two", is now three-quarters assembled. Twenty-two minutes from fifteen scenes are now completed. All but one scene are partially completed, comprising an additional two minutes of footage.

The following actors have now wrapped from this episode:
Andrew Foster (Cole Computer Voice)
Chris Ryan (Cole Communications Officer i.e. Ensign Davies)
Scott Fack (Lieutenant Ken Kato)
Michael Harding (CPO Lindquist)
Scott Butler (Fleet Captain David MacKay)
Casey Jones (Lt. Commander Andrus Mio)

This is an addition to the actors who had previously wrapped for this episode.

One actor has encountered a delay in getting their lines to me, but assures me they'll be in the coming week. We are activating the understudy for the other actor and are hoping to have those lines in the next two to three weeks.

I am also happy to report that HMD 2.02, "Graduation, Part Two", has broken the 50% assembled mark. Twelve minutes from ten scenes have been completed. Three additional scenes are partially assembled with an additional 90 seconds of footage. Five scenes remain unassembled, owing to lines missing from actors.

While no additional actors have wrapped their performances, I can tell you that we will be recasting two roles from this episode (2.02) and an additional one for 2.01. Stay tuned for details!

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Apr 13 2012, 09:16 AM
Post #195
I am happy to report that HMD 2.02, "Graduation, Part Two", has broken the 55% assembled mark. Over seventeen minutes from eleven scenes have been completed. Three additional scenes remain partially assembled with an additional 90 seconds of footage. Five scenes remain unassembled, owing to lines missing from actors, although the number of lines outstanding is shrinking. Two roles present in this episode are out for casting, impacting two of those scenes. We hope to fill these roles in the next week or two.

With the completion of the above-referenced scene, we can also report that Timothy Fritts (Dr. Lucas Noah) and Jeannie Lin (Dr. Vonus) have wrapped for this episode.

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Apr 20 2012, 10:15 AM
Post #196
I am happy to report that HMD 2.02, "Graduation, Part Two", has broken the 70% assembled mark. Over twenty minutes from thirteen scenes have now been completed. Three additional scenes remain partially assembled with an additional six minutes of footage. Two scenes remain unassembled, both owing to roles recently being cast or are still in the process of auditioning.

Both HMD 1.07 and 2.01 remain at 80% completed. No additional work can be completed until we receive additional lines (mostly resulting from casting that, for these two episodes, is now completed). I remain optimistic that I should be able to put all three episodes to bed within the next ten to fourteen days. icon_mrgreen.gif

+Quote Post
usscantabrian
Ken Kato/EQX Writer
Group Icon

How do you set a laser printer to stun?

Group: HF Productions Cast / Crew
Member No.: 2,986

post Apr 20 2012, 07:45 PM
Post #197
This might not be the right place to ask this, but I've had other people ask me this... Will the Graduation Trilogy be released at once or relatively close to one another? Or will it be normal episode spacing?

Thanks.

Scott icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Apr 22 2012, 02:38 PM
Post #198
QUOTE (usscantabrian @ Apr 20 2012, 09:45 PM) *
This might not be the right place to ask this, but I've had other people ask me this... Will the Graduation Trilogy be released at once or relatively close to one another? Or will it be normal episode spacing?

Thanks.

Scott icon_smile.gif

The question is what constitutes "relatively"? icon_mrgreen.gif

The plan is to release them in what I had always planned to be "normal" spacing - which is to say one release every six to eight weeks. That should give us enough time to complete scoring and other prep that goes into a release. That also gives the writing team enough time to finish the scripts for the next episode or two.

The production delays we've encountered (on this and prior episodes) have held up the entire process, so I'm hoping to get us back into the planned rhythm.

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Apr 22 2012, 02:39 PM
Post #199
Time for a major update. icon_mrgreen.gif

The first season finale (HMD 1.07, "Final Exam") is now 83% completed. Twenty-eight scenes are now completed, totaling 35 minutes of footage. Five more scenes are partially assembled, comprising another four minutes of footage. One scene remains unassembled. One set of lines is still outstanding.

With the latest work being completed, Steve Rimpici (Captain Reigar Teer) and Michael McConnohie (Commander Vrelek) have wrapped for this episode.

The second season opener (HMD 2.01, "Graduation, Part One") is now 81% completed. Sixteen scenes are now completed, totaling 26 minutes of footage. All four of the remaining scenes are partially assembled, with another three minutes of footage. Two sets of lines are outstanding, including one for a role that was recently cast.

With the latest work being completed, Elise Jackson (Lt. Isabel Miranda) and Jeannie Lin (Dr. Vonus) have wrapped for this episode.

HMD 2.02, "Graduation, Part Two", is now 85% completed. Sixteen scenes are now completed, totaling 34 minutes of footage. All three of the remaining scenes are partially assembled, containing another five minutes of footage. Two sets of lines are outstanding, including one which is still out for audition. We also have some pickup line work pending.

With the latest work being completed, the following actors have wrapped for this episode: Anastasia Roark (Dr. Casey Daniels), Chris Ryan (Ensign Davies, a.k.a. Cole Communications Officer), John Whiting (Dr. Henglaar), Rick Pike (Commander Stu Karsten), Scott Fack (Lt. Ken Kato), Michael Harding (CPO Paul Lindquist), Casey Jones (Lt. Commander Andrus Mio), Mark Samarias (Dr. Profto), Will Dees (Centurion Rulok) and Steve Rimpici (Captain Reigar Teer).

We're moving quickly to the point where assembly will be completed and the episodes will be sent off for scoring. This is definitely an exciting time. Stay tuned for updates!

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Apr 23 2012, 09:57 PM
Post #200
We just got the pickup lines for HMD 2.02 in and we were able to finish the scene they were in. If you exclude the bartender line and the opening and closing narrations, we are now at 95% completed on this episode, with almost 42 minutes in the can. One scene and one set of lines are still outstanding. Right now, it's a race between 1.07 and 2.02 to see which will be the longest-ever episode of the show to date. icon_mrgreen.gif

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 01:06 AM