NewLondenion
Ensign
Group Icon

"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, Their side, and the Truth."

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,279

post Apr 11 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #1
I've noticed with HF Productions and other fan film groups that they have often used the ST Voyager opening sequence as a template for their own opening sequences. And with first-person shooters or WWII video games, I think this template has been overused. The Odyssey and Helena series have changed slightly by showing scenes form the season in the opening instead of having the same footage over and over.

Does anyone else feel that fan film producers should turn to something different?

Personally I think it would be great if Odyssey used something like this:
Alternative Odyssey Sequence

This post has been edited by NewLondenion: Apr 11 2009, 03:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sffilk
Admiral
Group Icon

Harman Rabb in Starfleet?

Member No.: 1,480

post Apr 11 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #2
QUOTE (NewLondenion @ Apr 11 2009, 06:19 PM) *
I've noticed with HF Productions and other fan film groups that they have often used the ST Voyager opening sequence as a template for their own opening sequences. And with first-person shooters or WWII video games, I think this template has been overused. The Odyssey and Helena series have changed slightly by showing scenes form the season in the opening instead of having the same footage over and over.

Does anyone else feel that fan film producers should turn to something different?

Personally I think it would be great if Odyssey used something like this:
Alternative Odyssey Sequence

And that actually sorta goes back to the TNG opening a bit and, by extension a slight bit, to TOS.

+Quote Post
hudson
Michael Hudson, Website Staff
Group Icon

http://www.youtube.com/hiddenfrontier

Group: Website Staff
Member No.: 2,837

post Apr 11 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #3
All the series' titles are great as they are imo. Although I personally like it when the characters are included, if everyone did that I'm pretty sure someone would wonder if they all seem a bit "samey" and should they change.

The style is imitated as it works well, shows off the ship and the "majesty" of space exploration.

+Quote Post
NewLondenion
Ensign
Group Icon

"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, Their side, and the Truth."

Member No.: 4,279

post Apr 12 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #4
The style is imitated as it works well, shows off the ship and the "majesty" of space exploration.

In a broad sense, I think Odyssey should be the show that imitates it because like Voyager the Odyssey is in an undiscovered region of space never even approached by the Federation (let alone other races from our galaxy). I don't think it fit Federation One unless it was more aimed at its journeys in diplomacy to other worlds. But in a way, both Helena Chronicles and Odyssey have gone into a different branch than space exploration.

Both series have ships being pursued by determined enemies, both ships feature young crews ill-prepared for the situations they're in. That is why I'd prefer the example alternate opening in my initial post because rather than focusing on the ship and its voyage of exploration it focused on the characters themselves because as much as their journey is a test for their ship it is also a test on the people who man it.

+Quote Post
hudson
Michael Hudson, Website Staff
Group Icon

http://www.youtube.com/hiddenfrontier

Group: Website Staff
Member No.: 2,837

post Apr 12 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #5
QUOTE (NewLondenion @ Apr 12 2009, 08:58 PM) *
In a broad sense, I think Odyssey should be the show that imitates it because like Voyager the Odyssey is in an undiscovered region of space never even approached by the Federation (let alone other races from our galaxy). I don't think it fit Federation One unless it was more aimed at its journeys in diplomacy to other worlds. But in a way, both Helena Chronicles and Odyssey have gone into a different branch than space exploration.

Both series have ships being pursued by determined enemies, both ships feature young crews ill-prepared for the situations they're in. That is why I'd prefer the example alternate opening in my initial post because rather than focusing on the ship and its voyage of exploration it focused on the characters themselves because as much as their journey is a test for their ship it is also a test on the people who man it.

Well, some good points but if they'd done that from the start it would give the game away icon_wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 11:33 PM