> WARCRAFT and McCONNOHIE
Big Red
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

Group: HF Productions Cast / Crew
Member No.: 4,498

post May 8 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #1
Some of you already know this, but our own Michael McConnohie is the voice of the Lich King in the new World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. (Yup, I'm in there too - but he's the star).

So just for the halibut (as they say by the sea) have a look at what's up on eBay and let's see if you can help spread the word...

THIS IS A NEW AUCTION AS OF JUNE 7 - WORLD OF WARCRAFT:WRATH OF THE LICH KING two sided poster signed however you want by Michael...cool gift for your WoW friends even if you're not a gamer yourself:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200350408774

Thanks, y'all...

UPDATE:

Michael's appearance as a guest at BOTCON 2009 in Pasadena went really well and is now in the history books.

Just to keep the con stuff up to date, as of now our next appearance (together) will be at ANIME IOWA in August, then NAN DESU KAN in September. At ANIME IOWA we will be bringing our ADR EXPERIENCE seminar, which is a blast, so if there are HF fans in the area who also like anime, please come by and say hello.

ANIME IOWA is in Coralville, IA - August 14-16 http://www.animeiowa.com/
NAN DESU KAN is in Denver, CO - September 11-13 http://ndkdenver.org/

This post has been edited by Big Red: Jun 7 2009, 12:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Beo
Global Moderator / GLBT Mod
Group Icon

Vehementlygay.blospot.com!

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 1,825

post May 11 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #2
I find it very difficult to play the DK starting zone knowing that it's Michael that's talking all spooky at me.

+Quote Post
crystalwearer
Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,693

post May 12 2009, 10:51 AM
Post #3
Wow. I'll never listen to the cutscene at the Wrath Gate the same way again. icon_smile.gif

OK fine, Melodee, he's the star ... but where are you?

Thanks,
Chris

+Quote Post
Joshua Underwood
Captain
Group Icon

Today, the United States! Tomorrow, the world!

Member No.: 58

post May 12 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #4
It sounds like a different person at the Wrath Gate, but his in-game appearances...damn, I shoulda caught that earlier!

It's a shame they replaced him as Kel'Thuzad in Wrath of the Lich King, though...it's like replacing the voices of Raynor and Kerrigan in SC2. Come on, we like the originals!

Edit to add a question: Big Red, if I might ask...who do you voice?

This post has been edited by Joshua Underwood: May 12 2009, 11:17 AM

+Quote Post
Big Red
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

post May 12 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #5
QUOTE (crystalwearer @ May 12 2009, 11:51 AM) *
Wow. I'll never listen to the cutscene at the Wrath Gate the same way again. icon_smile.gif

OK fine, Melodee, he's the star ... but where are you?

Thanks,
Chris

I am, if I recall correctly, Annhylde The Caller, Queen Angerboda and Ichoron. Maybe some other smaller roles. I was also in Warcraft III, beats me which roles I did, though. It was a while ago.

Michael was Kel'Thuzad again (as he has been in other Warcraft games), then I understand they brought in someone else to do the role to avoid confusion (?) with the Lich King. Michael has a history with Warcraft, being Uther The Lightbringer, King Ymiron, Commander Kolurg, Warlock N Kognito, High Warlord Naj'entus and others.

I am still trying to compile a comprehensive list of our collective game credits...it's taking a lot of sleuthing but it's starting to take shape.

+Quote Post
Big Red
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

post May 12 2009, 11:23 AM
Post #6
QUOTE (Big Red @ May 12 2009, 12:20 PM) *
I am, if I recall correctly, Annhylde The Caller, Queen Angerboda and Ichoron. Maybe some other smaller roles. I was also in Warcraft III, beats me which roles I did, though. It was a while ago.

Michael was Kel'Thuzad again (as he has been in other Warcraft games), then I understand they brought in someone else to do the role to avoid confusion (?) with the Lich King. Michael has a history with Warcraft, being Uther The Lightbringer, King Ymiron, Commander Kolurg, Warlock N Kognito, High Warlord Naj'entus and others.

I am still trying to compile a comprehensive list of our collective game credits...it's taking a lot of sleuthing but it's starting to take shape.

Oh, if any of you caught the Ozzy Osbourne "Prince of Darkness" commercials for WoW, that WAS Michael at the end saying "There can be only ONE Prince of Darkness"...

+Quote Post
Big Red
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

post May 12 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #7
QUOTE (Joshua Underwood @ May 12 2009, 12:15 PM) *
It sounds like a different person at the Wrath Gate, but his in-game appearances...damn, I shoulda caught that earlier!

It's a shame they replaced him as Kel'Thuzad in Wrath of the Lich King, though...it's like replacing the voices of Raynor and Kerrigan in SC2. Come on, we like the originals!

Edit to add a question: Big Red, if I might ask...who do you voice?

If you want to let Blizzard know how you feel about the Kel'Thuzad voice replacement, here's the address:

Blizzard Entertainment
P.O. Box 18979
Irvine, CA 92623

+Quote Post
Big Red
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

post May 12 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #8
QUOTE (Big Red @ May 8 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Some of you already know this, but our own Michael McConnohie is the voice of the Lich King in the new World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. (Yup, I'm in there too - but he's the star).

So just for the halibut (as they say by the sea) have a look at what's up on eBay and let's see if you can help spread the word...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200339602532

Thanks, y'all...

We are also scheduled to appear at two cons (so far) this year - go to the CONVENTIONS Forum for details...

+Quote Post
Big Red
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

post May 12 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #9
QUOTE (Beo @ May 11 2009, 09:49 PM) *
I find it very difficult to play the DK starting zone knowing that it's Michael that's talking all spooky at me.

That's any day before coffee around here...

+Quote Post
Joshua Underwood
Captain
Group Icon

Today, the United States! Tomorrow, the world!

Member No.: 58

post May 13 2009, 02:01 PM
Post #10
I apologize, Melodee - my brain was not clicking! *laughs* Now that you mention it....I hear Ichoron in my head now, and comparing it to your appearances in Helena...

Well, hell, this is a really cool coincidence, eh?

+Quote Post
Big Red
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

post May 13 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #11
QUOTE (Joshua Underwood @ May 13 2009, 03:01 PM) *
I apologize, Melodee - my brain was not clicking! *laughs* Now that you mention it....I hear Ichoron in my head now, and comparing it to your appearances in Helena...

Well, hell, this is a really cool coincidence, eh?

And Ichoron's makeup was SO much easier to remove...the great advantage of being a voice actor.
icon_wink.gif

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
David W. Hill, HMD Exec Producer, Staff Editor/Audio Engineer
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4,051

post May 13 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #12
Melodee, Michael - just wanted to say it was good to see/hear you this evening on the webcam/in chat. It was quite an experience to say the least, hearing some of your stories and getting your perspective on "the business". Thank you very much - it was fun!

+Quote Post
rick20625
Rick Pike - Public Relations Pirate
Group Icon

I would neverr join a group that would have me as a member...

Member No.: 3,134

post May 13 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #13

I second what David just wrote. Having you and Michael visit and talk about your work in films and audio work and even HFP was wonderful. We enjoy you so much. Hope to see you again soon!

Rick

+Quote Post
Betras McFarland
Captain
Group Icon

From: Shakespeareland, the new amusement park. YOU SHOULD SEE OUR RICHARD III ROLLER COASTER
Member No.: 3,187

post May 14 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #14
just ducking in briefly to say..

THAT IS SO COOOOOOOOOL!~!!!!!!

wow!!!

I played that opening Death Knight sequence several times, and every time I did, I thought "WOW that guy has an amazing voice, where did they find him?"

little did I know...

oh and also...hehe! nice work on Annhylde The Caller, I remember that as being a very favorite moment.

who knew.

geez...I've never been a fangirl before and I'm finding it very uncomfortable.

but now I want your autographs icon_razz.gif

looked up Michaels' advice about the business of voice acting, but the link on the website does not work icon_sad.gif botheration. 'cause I really want to read that.

This post has been edited by Betras McFarland: May 14 2009, 08:08 PM

+Quote Post
Big Red
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

post May 15 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #15
QUOTE (DHillMSP @ May 13 2009, 07:23 PM) *
Melodee, Michael - just wanted to say it was good to see/hear you this evening on the webcam/in chat. It was quite an experience to say the least, hearing some of your stories and getting your perspective on "the business". Thank you very much - it was fun!

And a pleasure to do. Thanks for watching !

+Quote Post
Big Red
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

post May 15 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #16
QUOTE (rick20625 @ May 13 2009, 07:26 PM) *
I second what David just wrote. Having you and Michael visit and talk about your work in films and audio work and even HFP was wonderful. We enjoy you so much. Hope to see you again soon!

Rick

Anytime, Rick - actually, the trick is not getting us to talk, but getting us to shut up...

+Quote Post
Big Red
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

post May 15 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #17
QUOTE (Betras McFarland @ May 14 2009, 08:07 PM) *
just ducking in briefly to say..

THAT IS SO COOOOOOOOOL!~!!!!!!

wow!!!

I played that opening Death Knight sequence several times, and every time I did, I thought "WOW that guy has an amazing voice, where did they find him?"

UNDER A ROCK SOMEWHERE, AS I RECALL. MAYBE UNDER A SOFA WITH THE DUST RHINOS. HE'S FINDABLE IF YOU LOOK IN THE RIGHT PLACES.
icon_smile.gif

little did I know...

oh and also...hehe! nice work on Annhylde The Caller, I remember that as being a very favorite moment.

THANKS! GAME VOICES ARE HARD ON THE VOCAL CORDS, BUT TONS O' FUN.

who knew.

geez...I've never been a fangirl before and I'm finding it very uncomfortable.

but now I want your autographs icon_razz.gif

AWWWW..SHUCKS. WELL, YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND US.

looked up Michaels' advice about the business of voice acting, but the link on the website does not work icon_sad.gif botheration. 'cause I really want to read that.

MICHAEL IS FIXING IT NOW. HE WAS MIGHTILY CHAGRINED TO SEE THAT THERE WAS A PROBLEM HE WAS UNAWARE OF - THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW. GREMLINS, APPARENTLY. SHOULD BE BACK AND OPERATIONAL LATER TODAY.
TRY AGAIN.

THAT'S MICHAELMCCONNOHIE.COM IF ANYONE ELSE WANTS A LOOK. WE'RE STILL WORKING ON MY SITE BUT IF ANYONE WANTS TO EMAIL ME TRY MELODEESPEVACK.COM

+Quote Post
Big Red
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

post May 15 2009, 11:24 AM
Post #18
Since there is interest, here's an update:

Michael and I are both voices in the English dub of a Russian sword and sorcery film called WOLFHOUND - coming out soon.

I just did a voice in the a new video game called SAKURA WARS (5): SO LONG MY LOVE. Roles are "Kokuryu, The Black Dragon Princess" (a genuine baddie) and "Mother Carolyn".

There are others, but I'll add them later as the memory cells start doing their job.

We are still scheduled to appear at ANIME IOWA and NAN DESU KAN - let us know if you are going to be at either!

-------------

ANYONE ELSE GOING TO BOTCON IN PASADENA?

This post has been edited by Big Red: May 20 2009, 04:34 PM

+Quote Post
capell
HMD Technical Advisor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17

post May 15 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #19
Sorry - I don't play WoW... ...my Imzadi would probably slaughter me for spending even MORE time on the computer than I already do. icon_wink.gif

But it IS interesting that I've heard his voice on the air as the guy promoting Camelback Toyota. That's about 3 miles away from where I live. icon_smile.gif

-Jonathan

+Quote Post
Big Red
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

post May 15 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #20
QUOTE (capell @ May 15 2009, 11:30 AM) *
Sorry - I don't play WoW... ...my Imzadi would probably slaughter me for spending even MORE time on the computer than I already do. icon_wink.gif

But it IS interesting that I've heard his voice on the air as the guy promoting Camelback Toyota. That's about 3 miles away from where I live. icon_smile.gif

-Jonathan

We're both doing radio spots that pop up here and there across the US. We're not even sure where they will appear sometimes, but Camelback Toyota...Michael's an ex-Phoenix lad himself so that's even more fun.

Good spotting!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 03:01 AM