Semper Vigilans

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4,051

post Jul 23 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #21
QUOTE (Tiger @ Jul 23 2009, 12:16 PM) *
I may have some explainations regarding this issue:

Spoiler (highlight to view):
according Memory-Alpha.....The Spock from the original series (named as Spock Prime) was sent in time in the year 2387 when he came through the black hole he created in an attempt to save Romulus. However, the black hole wasn't powerful enough to prevent Romulus from being destroyed, so Nero (the villain of the movie) was pretty enraged and attacked Spock's ship when they both was sucked into the Black Hole.

For those who has actually seen the movie, knows what will happen next. As for Shelby being mentioned in DS9:

Jadzia Dax mentioned a Captain Shelby in the episode "You Are Cordially Invited". And according to Memory-Alpha, Shelby had been promoted as Captain and was assigned to the Federation starship Sutherland. However, due to the Dominion War, there is a chance that she got this as a temporary assignment until a suited person could be found to command the ship. There is also the chance that Shelby was demoted for some unknown reason, prior to her transfer to the Excalibur. So personally, I don't think that - canonically speaking - there is a problem regarding this.

Remember; Throughout the entire series (and franchise), there had been indeed many timetravels, but in my opinion not illogical (with some exceptions of course icon_wink.gif.

Tiger

Actually, I think Memory Alpha resolves any issue w/Shelby, although not in the way you might think...just take a lookie here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tiger
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,973

post Jul 24 2009, 06:42 AM
Post #22
That is where I got the infomation from, D.

Thanks for trying though.

Tiger

+Quote Post
joecool280
Ensign
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,559

post Aug 11 2009, 03:11 AM
Post #23
My own spin on it is that HF takes place in an alternate timeline that branched off from ours with the construction of the Tetrahedrons, but history followed an almost parallel course to the "main" timeline, until the 24th century, when diffrences started to emerge. I also think the timeline Spock came from was almost identical to the main one as well except for
Spoiler (highlight to view):
the discovery of Red Matter
and that the events of ST:O occur in the timeline this Spock came from. There is supposed to be an infinite amount of universes with infinite amount of variations right? So there is an infinite amount of universes that look identical to the timeline we know, with an infinite amount of diffrences. Therefore you could go anywhere you want with the destruction of Romulas and it would still be correct.

This post has been edited by joecool280: Aug 11 2009, 03:12 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 03:15 PM