> When did it start?
Rob_C
Rob Caves, Executive Producer, Editor, 3D Artist
Group Icon

Group: Root
Member No.: 4

post Jul 20 2009, 04:42 AM
Post #1
With the 9 year anniversary of HF today got me thinking... I thought Angeles started filming 10 years ago this month, though I think it might have been more like August 1999. I remember we finished and screened the Angeles movie in May of 1999. Does anybody on the Angeles remember exactly when we started "Return to Duty"?

Rob
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Whiteknight
Production Coordinator
Group Icon

Group: HF Productions Cast / Crew
Member No.: 4,379

post Jul 20 2009, 07:41 AM
Post #2
i kept thinking it was late 98 but my memory has been playing tricks on me as of late and janice slapped me around for it icon_razz.gif
but according to pass footage you grabbed from UPN 13 back in the 90's, "Return to Duty" was filmed before Veteran's Day as we were in the process of starting pre production on "A Little Night Music".......just don't remember the year....either 98 or 99.

+Quote Post
Rob_C
Group Icon

post Jul 20 2009, 08:07 AM
Post #3
Yeah, it was definitely '99. What you said, fits for A Little Night Music which I recall started in in fall of '99 and wrapped either real close to the end of the year or early 2000. So that puts Return to Duty sometime in the summer or fall. I guess it just depends how fast we got going again after the Angeles movie in May.

I'm guessing we won't be able to piece together an actual start date for either ANG or the movie, but hopefully we can at least narrow it down to the month for historical purposes. icon_smile.gif

Rob

+Quote Post
Whiteknight
Production Coordinator
Group Icon

post Jul 20 2009, 08:41 AM
Post #4
well i remember we showed the movie at the SFI Regional Conference in Fresno, back in 98 or 99 so maybe that will help a little.....or.....pull out the dvd's rob and check the time stamps on the files, it might give us a better idea on the date.

+Quote Post
Rob_C
Group Icon

post Jul 20 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #5
Not really, since cast/crwe DVD's weren't done of the Angeles until a year ago. I bet some club member somewhere has some old emails with the pertinent info (yeah, probably *him*) but hopefully others.

Maybe it's in the yahoo group archive?

Rob

+Quote Post
Whiteknight
Production Coordinator
Group Icon

post Jul 20 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #6
that could be highly possible that is on the yahoo list...ill have to check

+Quote Post
Neempers
Ensign
Group Icon

Group: Forum Staff
Member No.: 4,252

post Jul 28 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #7
I graduated from LMU in 1998, so my senior thesis project was done in 1998. That included clips from the movie. The movie was completed in 1999. As I remember, production on the series started before I was even aware of it, shortly after we wrapped the movie. So I think Return to Duty was completed in 1999. I think A Little Night Music was also done in 1999, possibly into 2000. I believe the rest of the episodes were done in 2000.

Janice

+Quote Post
Whiteknight
Production Coordinator
Group Icon

post Jul 28 2009, 05:13 PM
Post #8
"A Little Nights Music" was in pre production around late sept 99 and that was documented a few weeks later by KCOP 13 when they recorded you and jenn rehearsing a scene for it.

BTW, Rob can we fix that episode so im actually in the credits this time as it was a accident that i was missed....plz icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
Wisky-08
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,648

post Jan 6 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #9
I have been around found out about this all this in HF Season 7 and became a huge fan after one episode.

I just herad or think that we will see the U.S.S. Angeles soon as it took me a while but found the episodes recently from then to now you all have done an excellent and I like to say I thank you as all this will one day most likely end up on the big screen some where sooner or later but I like to say thankyou all for your hard and excellent work on all this to bring the joy of Startrek to others.

Well Admirals good luck and carry on as I'll be watching, and waiting for the next episode of yours to come on.

This post has been edited by Wisky-08: Jan 6 2010, 06:16 PM

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 04:54 PM