IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HF on my Ipod
Danny
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

Name a shrub after meó something prickly and hard to eradicate.

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,044

post Jul 28 2009, 07:58 AM
Post #1
I've not got an Ipod big enough to put the Entire HF onto it. However when i tried, only three worked

Any help?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Danny
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

Name a shrub after meó something prickly and hard to eradicate.

Member No.: 4,044

post Jul 29 2009, 04:58 AM
Post #2
Anyone got any ideas?

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
David W. Hill, HMD Exec Producer, Staff Editor/Audio Engineer
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4,051

post Jul 29 2009, 06:56 AM
Post #3
If you select the episode in your iTunes and then select, under the "Advanced" menu, "Create iPod or iPhone version", that should convert it into a playable format - be advised, it takes a while.

+Quote Post
New Homelands
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

All in the good Lords time

Member No.: 4,297

post Jul 30 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #4
or if you want a more complicated way then the one mentioned above; you can download the episodes you want on your ipod, then run it through this converter: http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html. that's what I did, but I only ever got around half HF on my ipod, then I took it off to put 'The Lord of the Rings' on it. any how I hope this helps you.

+Quote Post
Listener42
Ensign
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,700

post Oct 28 2009, 05:32 AM
Post #5
QUOTE (New Homelands @ Jul 30 2009, 10:30 PM) *
or if you want a more complicated way then the one mentioned above; you can download the episodes you want on your ipod, then run it through this converter: http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html. that's what I did, but I only ever got around half HF on my ipod, then I took it off to put 'The Lord of the Rings' on it. any how I hope this helps you.

I use Super to convert everything to iPod format, but for some reason new episodes of Odyssey and Helena won't convert to MP4. I'll try that "convert to iPod version" thing, but is there something embedded in the MOVs that prevents them from being converted by certain pieces of software?

+Quote Post
hudson
Michael Hudson, Website Staff
Group Icon

http://www.youtube.com/hiddenfrontier

Group: Website Staff
Member No.: 2,837

post Oct 28 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #6
QUOTE (Listener42 @ Oct 28 2009, 01:32 PM) *
I use Super to convert everything to iPod format, but for some reason new episodes of Odyssey and Helena won't convert to MP4. I'll try that "convert to iPod version" thing, but is there something embedded in the MOVs that prevents them from being converted by certain pieces of software?

No there isn't but the newer ones might be using newer codecs.

+Quote Post
BlueCatShip
Lieutenant Commander
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,423

post Jan 1 2010, 11:07 PM
Post #7
It must be that pesky Starfleet encryption algorithm. Or perhaps it's Section 31 again.

Seriously, though, an iPod version of the video is a good idea. My personal preference is to view video on my computer and audio on the computer or on my iPod/iPhone. If I could fit more on the little gadget, or if the screen were a bit bigger, I'd be happy to carry video and ebooks on my iPod/iPhone. (I do carry ebooks and podcasts and occasionally, 1 or 2 TV episodes/movies.)

I love that I can take songs, audio, audiobooks, and podcasts with me. I dearly wish they'd improve the 3G network and allow larger files directly, rather than waiting to be within range of a wifi network.

I subscribe to Hidden Frontier's podcast, along with a few other Trek fan podcasts (Outpost, Excelsior, Defiant, a couple of others) as well as ScapeCast, Tales from the Verse, The Signal, and X Minus One.

Since I likely went too far off topic, I'll reiterate: A video in iPod format is a great idea; podcasts and MP3 audio for the iPod are fantastic.

P.S. -- Eagerly awaiting the next HF podcast and the new Frontier Guard video series.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 08:57 PM