IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Helena 2.02 "Red Sky at Morn" Official review thread, SPOILER WARNING!
Red Sky Review Poll
How Would you rate "Red Sky at Morn"?
A [ 51 ] ** [85.00%]
B [ 6 ] ** [10.00%]
C [ 2 ] ** [3.33%]
D [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
F - Stinker! [ 1 ] ** [1.67%]
Total Votes: 60
Guests cannot vote 
Rob_C
Rob Caves, Executive Producer, Editor, 3D Artist
Group Icon

Group: Root
Member No.: 4

post Oct 5 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #1
With "Red Sky" in sneek peek release, here is the place to review it!

Spoilers OK!

Enjoy!

Rob
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheUSSRowling
Lieutenant Commander
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,038

post Oct 5 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #2
OK...I'm a little biased because I was in this one but:

HELENA continues to amaze me. Each time I think "this is the best ep so far" the next episode manages to outdo the predecessor. I loved the plot development with the Klingons.

Clynell had one of the best performances in the episode and I am privileged not only to be a part of his crew but to simply watch a master craftsman work his performance.

Sonia Kazarova is also to be highlighted-adding depth to Heta'An was one of the best plot developments yet. I can't wait to see what happens with her and Caeleno!

Just getting to see myself up there was a treat. I had such a blast being a part of this episode-and as a whole loved the entire episode. One of the best thus far! icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
TheWriter
Camren T. Burton, DR/EQX Exec Producer
Group Icon

Group: HF Productions Cast / Crew
Member No.: 1,357

post Oct 5 2009, 08:19 PM
Post #3
YOU BLEW UP RISA?!?!?! WTF!!!!!!!!!

That said, WOW!!!

D'Goz, son of Maltz . . . (Note from Mr. Continuity: Maltz of course being the Klingon played by John Larroquette of Night Court fame in "Star Trek III: The Search For Spock" - and according to Larroquette, Maltz's first name was chok'lit) finally shows his true colors. Way to go Knapp!

Caeleno apparently gets her pride stripped away as Heta'ahn reveals her dangerous side, as well as her deviousness by tricking Aster into continuing his Omega research, while Faisal and Johns learn that Aster's gone missing, and that damn Maxwell pretends to play along (Excellent acting by Tom Bulmer, btw).

PK Eiselt turns in another outstanding and riotous-laughter-inducing performance as the (I don't think quirky is a strong enough word!) Rockney, which makes him a stand-out character in the series! Ditto Dais and her creepy remarks! Ness also seemed a little back to the oddly funny character we first saw in "Sanctuary Lost" with his drinking contest with the unwitting KDar.

But of course, the story leaves us hanging in the MOST SADISTIC PLACES POSSIBLE!!! Oh well, at least it's only a month until HC-203. If we had to wait as long as last time, I'm sure I woulda gone nutz!

And lastly, a favorite line from the bloopers reel:

Aster: Okay, bitches! I'm Commander Kemorimori!

+Quote Post
Mynna
Ensign
Group Icon

Fangirl. Lover. Writer.

Member No.: 4,521

post Oct 5 2009, 09:18 PM
Post #4
You...

You blew up Risa!?!

Where are Corey and Nevin supposed to go for their long needed, very much wanted, and long awaited honeymoon, HUH!?!

Corey made me tear up at the end. They've totally got him wrapped up and stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The acting this episode was superb.

5/5 stars.

+Quote Post
Neempers
Ensign
Group Icon

Group: Forum Staff
Member No.: 4,252

post Oct 5 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #5
Gee, it was so long ago when we filmed this! Seems like an old episode already! Glad to see it put together now after so much work!

Everyone was awesome in this episode, but standouts for me were Clynell and Melodee. This is my favorite episode so far!

Janice

+Quote Post
TheUSSRowling
Lieutenant Commander
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,038

post Oct 6 2009, 08:27 AM
Post #6
QUOTE (Neempers @ Oct 6 2009, 01:25 AM) *
Gee, it was so long ago when we filmed this! Seems like an old episode already! Glad to see it put together now after so much work!

Everyone was awesome in this episode, but standouts for me were Clynell and Melodee. This is my favorite episode so far!

Janice

That's what I was thinking, Janice. It was back in March when I filmed, yet there were some parts for this filmed at (correct me if I'm wrong) the end of '08 and the beginning of '09.

Also-forgot to mention. This is probably Mike Johns's best performance as Capt. Johns. What I REALLY loved about this episode was that depth was added to SO many characters. (Maxwell, Caeleno, Johns, Heta'An, D'Goz)

+Quote Post
Rob_C
Rob Caves, Executive Producer, Editor, 3D Artist
Group Icon

Group: Root
Member No.: 4

post Oct 6 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #7
The episode is now available to registered forum members in the sneek peeks section!

Enjoy!

Rob

+Quote Post
Big Red
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,498

post Oct 6 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #8
QUOTE (TheUSSRowling @ Oct 6 2009, 08:27 AM) *
That's what I was thinking, Janice. It was back in March when I filmed, yet there were some parts for this filmed at (correct me if I'm wrong) the end of '08 and the beginning of '09.

Also-forgot to mention. This is probably Mike Johns's best performance as Capt. Johns. What I REALLY loved about this episode was that depth was added to SO many characters. (Maxwell, Caeleno, Johns, Heta'An, D'Goz)

Really impressive work all around, team - this is one to be super-proud of!

Thanks for saying nice things about Caeleno, by the way - the poor dear's ego really took a drubbing in this one and you know what a sensitive flower she is...

This post has been edited by Big Red: Oct 6 2009, 04:10 PM

+Quote Post
sffilk
Admiral
Group Icon

Harman Rabb in Starfleet?

Member No.: 1,480

post Oct 6 2009, 04:17 PM
Post #9
WOW!!!

+Quote Post
dmagiclight
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

open your mind and anything can happen

Member No.: 3,718

post Oct 6 2009, 05:27 PM
Post #10
All I can say Is WOW
GREAT JOB AROUND YOU ALL SHOULD GET EMMYS

+Quote Post
Will
Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,112

post Oct 7 2009, 07:13 AM
Post #11
My favorite scene was the final scene between Heta'an and Caeleno. Melodee's and Sonia's performances were stellar!

Great job all around!

+Quote Post
Theo Gary
Lieutenant Commander
Group Icon

Credo quia absurdum.

Member No.: 3,125

post Oct 7 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #12
icon_eek.gif

Dear god...

I really didn't think the ante could be upped any further. BUT BLOWING UP RISA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

If somehow Theresa is able to clear Helena's name, I imagine Section 31 is going down HARD.

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
David W. Hill, HMD Exec Producer, Staff Editor/Audio Engineer
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4,051

post Oct 7 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #13
QUOTE (Big Red @ Oct 6 2009, 05:59 PM) *
Really impressive work all around, team - this is one to be super-proud of!

Thanks for saying nice things about Caeleno, by the way - the poor dear's ego really took a drubbing in this one and you know what a sensitive flower she is...

Something tells me that she might get some payback...karma can be like a female dog that way. icon_wink.gif

I've watched it twice now - I'll be doing my third viewing (first sweep for Wiki-fying, mainly the credits and attribution) shortly.

Of my only criticisms, the larger one really isn't - it was too short. icon_mrgreen.gif Having had my own experiences with both story writing and dealing with casts, not to mention finite resources such as money and time...I totally get that. I keep getting the impression that there's more to the story that we're not seeing. I'll just attribute that to Brian's excellent writing. icon_wink.gif

Just curious what happened with the credits...lot of notes for the Wiki on that one.

We've gotten to see some good character development, particularly with Heta'an, Maxwell and Johns (you'd think after ten years we've seen it all, but no...and it was nice to see the end-product of the last HC shoot webcast icon_wink.gif ).

Yay for Knapp, indeed - the addition of the Klingons was welcome, particularly D'Goz (excellent, excellent work by Clynell...tho it leaves me wondering if D'Goz is one of those "children playing at [his] feet" that Kruge talked about icon_mrgreen.gif ). The drinking scene was precious. Ness' continuing to drink after K'Dar had passed out...the expression on his face just made it...perfect.

Well done all around. icon_mrgreen.gif

I think I see where things are heading going into the next few episodes, but I'll keep my thoughts to myself on that front for the moment. icon_wink.gif

+Quote Post
sabarwolf
Commodore
Group Icon

Capt. Bruce J. Space, U.S.S. Eagle Star

Member No.: 702

post Oct 7 2009, 01:01 PM
Post #14
On first watch through...

I agree on the character development: Heta'an playing both sides of the fence! (meanie!!!) Madame Caleno was definitely a bruised peach this episode. I can feel Johns' struggle; he wants to help his friend, but has to turn her in.

The teaser was great! It was Heta'an all along! Having Sharon wear her hair like Sonia wears hers should have tipped me off in the first second, but it took until Heta'an went to the computer console that I got it! The Klingons were a great addition to the story. Loved the scene between Ness and K'Dar.

The only thing I think I would have seen fleshed out more is Aster's captivity, but that maybe coming in the finale. And what is Section 31 trying to gain by blowing up Omega bombs? Are they trying to turn the Milky Way into the Andromeda Galaxy?

+Quote Post
Captain Serek
Lieutenant Commander
Group Icon

Captain of the USS Intrepid II - NCC-1738

Member No.: 1,984

post Oct 7 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #15
OMG!!!!

That being said, I was floored by Rob Caves, Jennifer Cole and the cast and crew of this latest effort. I enjoyed the performances, they were very believable. The writing was stellar, it kept me interested and on the edge of my seat, especially the cliff-hanger ending. DAMN YOU!

Anyway, A+ from me. Good work from everyone. This is why I am a big fan.

+Quote Post
Kurn
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

Member No.: 267

post Oct 7 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #16
WOW!

That ending tops the last episode by a mile. I can't wait 'til the next one!

+Quote Post
Androski
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

Bobby Klaes

Member No.: 4,485

post Oct 7 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #17
A++++++++

Absolutely amazing!!!!!! I love Helena Chronicles and I can never wait till the next episode come out. After this episode I am going to go through withdrawals until the next one come out. So please, for the sake of my sanity, don't make me wait too long icon_wink.gif

+Quote Post
TheWriter
Camren T. Burton, DR/EQX Exec Producer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,357

post Oct 7 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #18
QUOTE (Theo Gary @ Oct 7 2009, 10:02 AM) *
icon_eek.gif

Dear god...

I really didn't think the ante could be upped any further. BUT BLOWING UP RISA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

If somehow Theresa is able to clear Helena's name, I imagine Section 31 is going down HARD.

Well, let's keep D'Goz's words in mind - "It is possible that the planet is still there."

But if so, Risa's trapped inside a region that can no longer support warp speed.

Something I just thought about - what was that other ship that the Legacy mistook for Helena?

+Quote Post
Androski
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

Bobby Klaes

Member No.: 4,485

post Oct 7 2009, 05:11 PM
Post #19
QUOTE (TheWriter @ Oct 7 2009, 07:46 PM) *
what was that other ship that the Legacy mistook for Helena?

My guess is...
Spoiler (highlight to view):
that section 31 got their hands on a Romulan Holo-cloak and used it to emulate the Helena's hull and markings.

but it's just a guess.

*I wasn't sure if that should be spoiler tagged or not so I put one in just to be safe

This post has been edited by Androski: Oct 7 2009, 05:12 PM

+Quote Post
FrontierGeek
Lieutenant J.G.
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,260

post Oct 7 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #20
Ok, this is by far the BEST episode of, of the WHOLE HF Saga's! I loved it all. The tention between Capt Johns and Capt Faisal, Caeleno and Heta'an. There is just nothing wrong with this episode it's an A++!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 10:19 AM