AndrewF
Producer, Writer, Lead Graphic Artist
Group Icon

Group: Forum Staff
Member No.: 2,772

post Feb 16 2010, 07:23 AM
Post #1
EB4 is postponed for now.

With a tenuous economy, the cost of putting on an event like the Excelsior Ball (at least $2500 just for the meeting space), the logistics of getting everyone together at a mutually-convenient time, and the need to focus any fund-raising efforts in other areas, it has been agreed to hold off on hosting an Excelsior Ball at this time.

Rather than put any financial strain on anyone (especially those traveling from great distances), and knowing that people would need to finalize their schedules, we decided to announce this now.

We look forward to hosting this get-together some time in the future.

Thank you for your understanding.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SPT
Commodore
Group Icon

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,143

post Feb 16 2010, 07:57 AM
Post #2
Andrew

Just a nod to all the hard work you and the team have put into previous balls, none of which I have made, but had hoped to. I am lucky in that I have met many of the HFP crew via the vehicle of Grissom, and will continue to do so. From all reports, the balls have been wonderful events!

In the interim, I look forward to the future investment in the wonderful Frontier Guard, and will continue to do all I can to support HFP.

Best

SP

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
David W. Hill, HMD Exec Producer, Staff Editor/Audio Engineer
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4,051

post Feb 16 2010, 07:59 AM
Post #3
QUOTE (AndrewF @ Feb 16 2010, 09:23 AM) *

With a tenuous economy, the cost of putting on an event like the Excelsior Ball (at least $2500 just for the meeting space), the logistics of getting everyone together at a mutually-convenient time, and the need to focus any fund-raising efforts in other areas, it has been agreed to hold off on hosting an Excelsior Ball at this time.

Rather than put any financial strain on anyone (especially those traveling from great distances), and knowing that people would need to finalize their schedules, we decided to announce this now.

While I'm sad to hear that EB4's being postponed, I totally support and understand why the decision has been made (especially considering I'm in the "tenuous" space of the economy right now). I, for one, appreciate the advance notice. This allows me to plan my summer (I won't miss Twin Cities Pride's boat cruise here this year). And a likely trip to the studio in the not-too-distant future.

Hopefully we'll be able to do EB4 in the near future, once the economy stabilizes a bit. And as always, if there's anything I can do to facilitate, please let me know. icon_mrgreen.gif

+Quote Post
wheresthomas77
Rear Admiral
Group Icon

I did it. Yep, started Man Candy. I was a visionary. Love me, hate me, it was me!

Member No.: 1,856

post Feb 16 2010, 08:32 AM
Post #4
QUOTE (AndrewF @ Feb 16 2010, 03:23 PM) *

Andrew, you have done a great job since I did the first one. I know what a huge bit of pressure it is to do it and I hope the economy gets better so these can continue and hope those that go help out.

+Quote Post
Captain Hunter
Nick Cook, Support Staff
Group Icon

On the edge of the frontier.

Group: HF Productions Cast / Crew
Member No.: 23

post Feb 16 2010, 09:40 AM
Post #5
Aww nuts. Ah well, we might just come over this Summer anyway. icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ari Mistral
Rear Admiral
Group Icon

Member No.: 198

post Mar 8 2010, 06:25 AM
Post #6
Bummer, and this was the first year we could've actually made plans to show.

Yes, I understand the reasons, but either way, I look forward to seeing at least some of you soon. Sometime this year, we WILL be in California.

+Quote Post
TheWriter
Camren T. Burton, DR/EQX Exec Producer
Group Icon

Group: HF Productions Cast / Crew
Member No.: 1,357

post Mar 8 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #7
In some ways, I'm disappointed, but in others, I'm kind of relieved. I wouldn't have been able to afford to come this time, and the idea of missing an EB makes me uncontrollably depressed - like, sit in the dark and binge-eat-for-a-week depressed.

+Quote Post
dcnightwolf
Commodore
Group Icon

Life's a banquest and most poor suckers are starvin' to death!

Member No.: 2,583

post Mar 9 2010, 05:26 AM
Post #8
absence and abzinth does make the heart grow fonder...

think of the party in two years (or less) for EB4 when people are back on their feet and can really celebrate!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 07:04 PM