IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Casting and Staff Updates - 10 Sept 2010, Two New Cast Members Being Added, Composer Selected
DHillMSP
David W. Hill, HMD Exec Producer, Staff Editor/Audio Engineer
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4,051

post Sep 10 2010, 11:11 AM
Post #1
I'm happy to announce that we are adding two members to the cast of Henglaar, M.D.

Alex Matthews will be joining our cast in the recurring role of Lieutenant, junior grade Greylan Viix, a joined Trill who serves as the Cole's Alpha Shift Flight Operations Officer. Alex has a good and growing acting background, including playing Keran Azhan on Star Trek: Intrepid and Star Trek: Diplomatic Relations and voicing Terlis in GRS 1.01. He also serves in a similar capacity to mine for Diplomatic Relations, being an Executive Producer (and Creator) and occasional Director and Writer.

Alex's role will commence with HMD's first season finale "Final Exam" (episode 1.07), which is tentatively scheduled for release late Q4 2010/early Q1 2011.

Anastasia Roark will be joining our cast in the role of Dr. (Lieutenant) Casey Daniels, a human who serves aboard the USS T'Pau as a medical officer. She has an impressive acting background as well, having played roles on Two and a Half Men and The Young and the Restless. She also has a role in the upcoming feature Night of the Living Dead: Origins 3D, which is in post-production and slated for release next year. Her website is here while her IMDB profile is here.

Anastasia's role will commence with HMD's fifth episode, "Profit Without Honor", which is tentatively scheduled for release in late October 2010. She will join the permanent cast of the show starting with HMD's second season premiere, "Graduation", which is tentatively scheduled for a Q1 2011 release.

I am also happy to announce that we have secured the services of Gareth Ortiz-Timpson as our Composer commencing with HMD's second season. Gareth is known here for having composed the music for ODY 2.02, "The Immortal Loom". He will also be composing the music for the forthcoming ODY 3.00. His SoundClick profile (with samples) is here.

I would note that this does not in any way reflect any dissatisfaction with Mary Kouyoumdjian's work for HMD's first season - far from it - she did wonderful work. However, as some of you are aware, the music for HMD is currently "canned" (i.e. pre-recorded) as opposed to customized for each episode. I found, as I was working on the plots for HMD 2.01 - 3.03 that the demands I would be placing on the show in terms of music were going to exceed the existing library and thus a composer would need to be secured. Gareth will be filling this role for us.

This means that HMD will have a new theme coming out in the coming weeks - as soon as I can provide a sample, I will be sure to do so.

Cheers!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 05:36 PM