> Updating the HF Wiki for Seasons 6 and 7
okuv14
Ensign
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,010

post Jan 12 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #1
After finding this site in fall 2011, I'm finally on the verge of finishing watching the last episodes of Hidden Frontier (great stuff, BTW - the series really does come a long way from its beginnings). While doing so, I've noticed that the wiki is not really up-to-date with seasons 6 and 7, to say nothing of the various spin-offs. I'd like to try and update it, but I can't really do it alone, so if anyone else is interested, I'd like to know.

A few specific questions and requests:

Was there ever a formal name given to the Tholian/Breen war that begin in 6.01?

Can anyone provide me with information on some of the "background" non-Federation starships seen throughout the series? I'd like to have something up about them in some way. Also, there is at least one unidentified Tholian class - a wedge-shaped ship first appearing as Siroc's transport in 5.02, and going on to feature in several of the major battle scenes. Was this design ever given a name?

Most importantly, is there anyone out there with some good screencaps of season 6 and 7? I don't have any way to take them myself, and they're sorely needed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
David W. Hill, HMD Exec Producer, Staff Editor/Audio Engineer
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4,051

post Jan 13 2012, 08:05 AM
Post #2
QUOTE (okuv14 @ Jan 12 2012, 07:49 PM) *
After finding this site in fall 2011, I'm finally on the verge of finishing watching the last episodes of Hidden Frontier (great stuff, BTW - the series really does come a long way from its beginnings). While doing so, I've noticed that the wiki is not really up-to-date with seasons 6 and 7, to say nothing of the various spin-offs. I'd like to try and update it, but I can't really do it alone, so if anyone else is interested, I'd like to know.

A few specific questions and requests:

Was there ever a formal name given to the Tholian/Breen war that begin in 6.01?

Can anyone provide me with information on some of the "background" non-Federation starships seen throughout the series? I'd like to have something up about them in some way. Also, there is at least one unidentified Tholian class - a wedge-shaped ship first appearing as Siroc's transport in 5.02, and going on to feature in several of the major battle scenes. Was this design ever given a name?

Most importantly, is there anyone out there with some good screencaps of season 6 and 7? I don't have any way to take them myself, and they're sorely needed.

The Wiki kinda got put on the back burner when I got handed the Executive Producer position for HMD (and then DR...and serving as editor/audio engineer on EQX, FED and ODY). Although I have continued to tweak what's already there (including some new templates "borrowed" from the big Wikipedia), I've not been able to dedicate the time necessary to complete the story synopses for the later seasons of HF nor any of the spinoffs (that includes HMD, where I have the scripts). If it comes down to writing part of another script or working on the Wiki....

If memory serves, the war is referred to consistently on the HFWiki as the "Tholian-Breen Conflict". Might even be an article to link to.

There's quite a bit of background on the non-Federation ships on the HFWiki...as to Siroc's special transport, that class was never identified. I don't recall it being used outside of 5.02, but it's been a while.... Rob might be able to assist us there.

More than happy to provide screencaps of episodes if you let me know what you're looking for (I've done most of the ones up there now). Also, if you're not already setup with a Wiki account, let me know.

+Quote Post
okuv14
Ensign
Group Icon

post Jan 19 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #3
Thanks for the replies - I'm going to have to wait a bit before working on this, but a few immediate points:

The Tholian "wedge" ship definitely reappears after 5.02. It's most prominent in 6.01 (one of them is the ship that rams DS12 during the battle), but I think it appears in every large Tholian fleet from Season 5 onward.

By "background" ships, I'm not talking about the standard non-Federation ships we see time and again, but the occasional nameless ships that appear sometimes. For instance, during 3.09-4.01, and again when it appears later on, we see various background ships near the Hell's Gate station, none of which I recognize. Any information on them would be nice. And on a related note, is there any way I can find out exactly what all the non-Trek ships appearing in Yesterday's Excelsior and that one Angeles episode were?

As for screencaps - the one immediate request is for any good pics of the "hybrid" ship from the finale.

I did not know that you needed a separate account for the wiki then from the forums, so I'd appreciate that, thanks.

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Jan 21 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #4
QUOTE (okuv14 @ Jan 19 2012, 08:06 PM) *
Thanks for the replies - I'm going to have to wait a bit before working on this, but a few immediate points:

The Tholian "wedge" ship definitely reappears after 5.02. It's most prominent in 6.01 (one of them is the ship that rams DS12 during the battle), but I think it appears in every large Tholian fleet from Season 5 onward.

By "background" ships, I'm not talking about the standard non-Federation ships we see time and again, but the occasional nameless ships that appear sometimes. For instance, during 3.09-4.01, and again when it appears later on, we see various background ships near the Hell's Gate station, none of which I recognize. Any information on them would be nice. And on a related note, is there any way I can find out exactly what all the non-Trek ships appearing in Yesterday's Excelsior and that one Angeles episode were?

As for screencaps - the one immediate request is for any good pics of the "hybrid" ship from the finale.

I did not know that you needed a separate account for the wiki then from the forums, so I'd appreciate that, thanks.

I'm going to wager (and Rob would have to chime in to be sure) that Siroc's ship from 5.02 was a courier of some type.

I think the background ships are all accounted for, either by an article on the class or in the story articles themselves...if not, let me know...they should be, given previous work.

You'll have to go to the Wiki to request an account. Shoot me a message here once you do and I'll set you up.

+Quote Post
admiralrea
EQX Executive Producer
Group Icon

"

Group: HF Productions Cast / Crew
Member No.: 4,304

post Jan 25 2012, 01:50 PM
Post #5
i might help out with that with the hybrid ship i could try getting some screencaps on it and email it to you
do you need every screencap ? i could send it to you tommorrow or some time this week?

+Quote Post
okuv14
Ensign
Group Icon

post Jan 29 2012, 03:10 AM
Post #6
might help out with that with the hybrid ship i could try getting some screencaps on it and email it to you
do you need every screencap ? i could send it to you tommorrow or some time this week?

I'm having to put this off for a little while due to real life issues, but thanks. What exactly do you mean by every screencap? As far as the wiki goes, I just want a nice big "beauty shot" to go on its article (which doesn't even exist at present, like most of the ships introduced in late HF and the spinoffs), but as a collector of screencaps in general, any others would be nice for personal use. As well, any shots of the Tholian "wedge" ship I've been discussing would be helpful.

And on the subject of Tholian ships, I noticed immediately when watching that Siroc's command carrier in "Beachhead" appears significantly different from the ship first seen in 4.01 (I'll have to check about its other appearances). Is this meant as a redesign, or is it a separate class?

EDIT: After checking, it looks like the carrier in "Beachhead" is definitely a different design from the one seen in all other episodes.

This post has been edited by okuv14: Feb 1 2012, 01:47 AM

+Quote Post
admiralrea
EQX Executive Producer
Group Icon

"

Group: HF Productions Cast / Crew
Member No.: 4,304

post Feb 3 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #7
i mean some

+Quote Post
okuv14
Ensign
Group Icon

post Mar 12 2012, 03:58 PM
Post #8
So, with my spring break starting up I might have a bit more time to try this, if people are still interested.

By the way, is there a Frontier Guard wiki?

This post has been edited by okuv14: Mar 12 2012, 03:59 PM

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Mar 17 2012, 07:55 AM
Post #9
QUOTE (okuv14 @ Mar 12 2012, 05:58 PM) *
So, with my spring break starting up I might have a bit more time to try this, if people are still interested.

By the way, is there a Frontier Guard wiki?

We were spinning up to do a FG Wiki, but with the show on hiatus that project has been shelved for now.

+Quote Post
okuv14
Ensign
Group Icon

post Apr 21 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #10
I'm going to have to put this on hold for a while - but in the meantime, how do I get an account for the wiki?

+Quote Post
DHillMSP
Group Icon

Semper Vigilans

post Apr 30 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #11
QUOTE (okuv14 @ Apr 21 2012, 11:57 PM) *
I'm going to have to put this on hold for a while - but in the meantime, how do I get an account for the wiki?

Sorry for the delay - I've been up to my neck in editing for a few weeks - there should be a link in the upper right-hand corner....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 08:02 PM